Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Moderator's note: Honda has acknowledged this issue. Click here.

UPDATE: There is a potential fix that involves disassembly, soldering, and programming. See
this post.

End of moderator's note. The original post follows.

Today I drove to work, didn't bother to engage the navigation system so the screen just turns to clock. The clock reads January 1, 2002. There is no clock read out on the stereo which is usually aligned with the clock on the navi. GPS system works. Just the time is goofy.
Communication Device Telephony Gadget Audio equipment Plant

·
Administrator
22,414 Posts
That's weird. The day of the week for January 1 doesn't match either 2002 (Tuesday) or 2022 (Saturday), either.

What is it showing as the date today?

What happens if you manually set the time and date?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same problem on my 2011 RTL. Worked fine before the New Year. Now it's stuck in 2002. When I try to adjust the time manually it does not change. What's worse is that the clock on the Navigation screen is different than the clock on the stereo unit below. Did our Navigation time out? I currently have Ver.4.C0. Wonder if updating to a newer map DVD will help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2007 RTL with navi and have the same problem. My clock is stuck at 12am when I ask for the time and the radio shows an hour later than it is no matter how many times I try to reset it. My calandar has appointments that I set last month for January 2022 but I can't get it off of it saying that the date is January 1st 2002. What is up with this??? How do we fix it??

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had no problem with my 2014 Ridgeline navigation or clock, my clock resets itself all the time no need to adjust clock because it does it by the GPS system.
I did not drive my vehicle on Jan 1st at all, I got in it today Jan 2nd and my clock displays Jan 1st, 2002
I pulled my battery cable to reset everything but when it came back on after 5 or 6 minutes as soon as the gps received a signal, it still shows Jan 1st, 2002 HELP

·
Premium Member
2021 RTL-E
353 Posts
You’re not the only one reporting this problem, see the thread:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, looks like I'm joining a conspiracy, my 2010 Rdigeline RTL has just crashed with the same time & date problem. I have a 2010 Accord also.......need to go check it. I'm assuming that since it is a mass problem it's Honda's way of getting us to spend $150 for a new Navi CD.

That's weird. The day of the week for January 1 doesn't match either 2002 (Tuesday) or 2022 (Saturday), either.

What is it showing as the date today?

What happens if you manually set the time and date?
This happened to your 2021 Ridgeline?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 Ridgeline RTL with navigation is reading January 1st 2002 as well. I have not updated the navigation in years because I don't need it or want to pay over $100 each time to upgrade. I shouldn't need to upgrade to have a working clock! Any suggestions!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just ordered the new Navigation (2012 Update). I’ll let you all know if this fixes the issue.
Yes, please let us know. Looks like Honda wants $149.00 plus 4 bucks for shipping for a 2021 map upgrade and says it is the last update. I might just skip the $150+ fee for a working clock. My navigation system still works. Just the clock doesn't.
Font Material property Screenshot Technology Rectangle

·
Registered
2009 RTS
805 Posts
The DVD Nav is just that, a nav disc and won't fix the software program.
Check the other Honda forums. Many have the new disc and still have the issue, but don't take my word for it.....

Reactions: VitaliyKuKu

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same issue here with 2009. According to the manual the time & date are supposed to sync with (and therefore be set by) GPS satellite signals. Somehow I doubt that a new map dvd would solve the issue. We should make sure to report the issue to local dealers so they can escalate it to the proper people to solve.

1 - 20 of 412 Posts