Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
221 - 240 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
I sold Apple, Compaq, HP, eMachines, NEC, and Packard Bell at the time. Compaq was my "go to" brand - it's what I bought for myself and recommended to others. I sold a lot of Presarios back then!
My second laptop was a Compaq, loved that thing. I actually still have it somewhere. It is crazy how big that thing is compared to today's machines. I had that one custom built and it was something like $1500. It was a tank though and lasted me a long time.

I too worked retail at the time, at a big box store in electronics, and also interned at Motorola in the summer before the switch. I remember all of the Y2K compliant stickers on stuff. Much ado about nothing for that one.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL
15 Posts
I think I'll tag along to see when the class-action lawsuit starts.:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: wjfyfe

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
For what? The 3/36 warranties on all the affected models expired years ago. That would be like suing Apple because your iPhone 4S from 2011 no longer works. :)
zroger73, I believe that Widowmaker was simply being facetious? 😁

Bill

·
Registered
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL
15 Posts
zroger73, I believe that Widowmaker was simply being facetious? 😁

Bill
You are correct sir. But it does show why a lawsuit may indeed occur.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Lawsuit over a dated pac-man screen... now that's funny....lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
2011 RTL here has the problem. Three different clocks and they are all wrong. One on the Nav, one on the radio, and when you ask her what time it is she says 12 am!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, please let us know. Looks like Honda wants $149.00 plus 4 bucks for shipping for a 2021 map upgrade and says it is the last update. I might just skip the $150+ fee for a working clock. My navigation system still works. Just the clock doesn't. View attachment 421056
I have a 2014 SE. I am having the same issue with the clock not resetting and the same issue with the calendar. I bought the 2021 map update last year and installed it then. It has not addressed the problem, so don’ waste your money. I hope Honda comes up with a fix soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue here. Actually have 2 Ridgelines. 2012 RTL (with navi) and 2007 RTS (without). RTS clock works fine. RTL navi clock starts at Jan. 1, 2002 10:19 am EVERY time you turn on the ignition. Clock on radio is always one hour fast (regardless of how you change the manual settings in navi system). I am on US Eastern time. Not sure if that matters... It has an updated navi dvd from 2015, but apparently this doesn't fix anything...

On the positive side, my wife bought me a dash mount cell phone holder for Christmas. With this clock issue, I have even more reason to actually use it instead of leaving it in my pocket...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does Honda really think we are to wait until August 2022??? A worldwide problem. This is piss poor customer service and they are relying on the sheep to stay in line. They created the problem and need to fix it PROMPTLY. I did not buy my 2014 SE to ignore the equipment I paid for! Honda's communication avenues (email, snail mail, etc.) need to be overwhelmed by traffic about this issue and that August 22 is unacceptable. All large organizations know that people will bitch, moan and complain but do nothing about it (apathy). Just look at our Country. DO something about it - don't be a sheep! As a 47 year retired CPA with international experience, I know of what I speak. With enough "heat" they will give it the resources it warrants.
I have the same 2014 SE problem! Ditto!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Joining the thread...

I have a Canadian made 2013 Ridgeline Touring model. On Jan 1, 2022, my clocks lost sync and will not update. I have followed the on-screen prompts in the NAV, but the entries will not store. My radio does not have a "Clock" button so I am assuming it is set by the NAV system as well. Both the clocks on my NAV display and my radio have different times. The radio is only 1 hour off, but the minutes are accurate. The NAV is set for 2002 and will not update. It also resets to Jan 1, 2002 12:00 each time I start the vehicle. Neither the Owners manual nor the NAV manual are helpful. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. (Will wait for recall info)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Joining the thread...

I have a Canadian made 2013 Ridgeline Touring model. On Jan 1, 2022, my clocks lost sync and will not update. I have followed the on-screen prompts in the NAV, but the entries will not store. My radio does not have a "Clock" button so I am assuming it is set by the NAV system as well. Both the clocks on my NAV display and my radio have different times. The radio is only 1 hour off, but the minutes are accurate. The NAV is set for 2001 and will not update. It also resets to Jan 1, 2001 12:00 each time I start the vehicle. Neither the Owners manual nor the NAV manual are helpful. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. (Will wait for recall info)

Please read starting at the top of this thread chain (post #1), your questions have been answered by many.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same with my 2009 RTL. it says Sun Jan.1 2002. On the screen it says 12:00. on the area of the radio next to the station it says 1:00. I just can't figure out how to change it to the right time, and date..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 RTL with Nav and started having this problem with the clock not syncing and thought it was just me. Guess not! Anything that can be done about this? I am reading of an update available for $150 or so. Is this the only solution?

221 - 240 of 289 Posts