Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
261 - 280 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve have a similar strange issue on my 2014 SE with Nav. The radio display clock is an hour off…the nav display clock is a totally different time…and the calendar date is January 1st, 2002. No matter what I try, I can’t reset anything! I have not unhooked the vehicle battery yet. Any ideas on a fix?
I'm having the exact same issue. Radio clock out an hour and jan 1st 2002. What is this about?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's weird. The day of the week for January 1 doesn't match either 2002 (Tuesday) or 2022 (Saturday), either.

What is it showing as the date today?

What happens if you manually set the time and date?
I have 2005 Acura MDX and 2014 Honda Ridgeline. I have attempted to change time by 1 hour on both vehicles manually - the changes do not update. I have turned off Daylight Saving time recognition and time zone recognition - but still not able to edit the time shown on the clock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me know if it works...and by the way, how much did the DVD set you back. I've heard somewhere around 250$ US! That's like a gizzilion Canadian dollars here!
Ordered it as well but many others in thes thread have said that would not correct the issue. I really wanted it for the latest nav update anyway.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Heck, you guys and gals are worried about a clock.....pfffff

I was laid off for Christmas and part of the States Unemployment Computer System failed due to the 22bug.
Sorry to hear, hope you find something else soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2019 RTL-E. Just do the prescribed NAV update with a USB flash drive. Works like champ. Time and date will be right on including time zone changes as you drive across the country on a road trip. It’s easy, and it works.

• Haha
Reactions: Jack'D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and like many here I have the same issue in regards to the clock and calendar being off in my 2014 Ridgeline SE since the beginning of the new 2022 year. As many have stated, updating the white disc for the navigation is not and will not solve the issue.

I work on and maintain life safety electronic equipment and part of the systems I help maintain are the buildings Primex Clock systems. These systems use Garmin GPS antenna to receive the global signal to the main receiver in order to transmit the proper signal to the clocks and devices in the buildings I maintain.

About every 5-7yrs these GPS antennas become obsolete due to the software installed on them when manufactured. When this happens the receiver units will default and like our displays in our vehicles the date and time will default exactly the same way our systems have. The fix is having to but new "updated" Garmin antennas and installing them into the buildings Primex system.

Considering the age of our vehicles, if the antenna is the issue and the antenna device itself has to be replaced. I would be surprised if Honda treats the issue as a recall of sorts, I personally think that what is going to happen is either we are going to have to have them replaced or some how Honda will be able to update the antenna via software per vehicle.

Merlin

·
Registered
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL
15 Posts
Is this a Honda issue or is anyone experiencing this same kind of issue with other vehicles?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Is this a Honda issue or is anyone experiencing this same kind of issue with other vehicles?
Certainly appears to be most prevalent in Honda. If I search the wed for “2022 gps clock issue” every single hit I get has “Honda” in the link title.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice fix response HONDA. Please wait 8 months and it might be better. This is just a clock, how good is their code on ABS, passive cruise, air bag deployment, etc? Bad PR man.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, just missed this mess. I noticed the thread as I was looking for wiring information on my new head unit install. At least I found my answers, good luck in August.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have had no problem with my 2014 Ridgeline navigation or clock, my clock resets itself all the time no need to adjust clock because it does it by the GPS system.
I did not drive my vehicle on Jan 1st at all, I got in it today Jan 2nd and my clock displays Jan 1st, 2002
I pulled my battery cable to reset everything but when it came back on after 5 or 6 minutes as soon as the gps received a signal, it still shows Jan 1st, 2002 HELP
I contacted Honda today about this and they said it only affected 2006 to 2012 models, obviously WRONG. All they said was the "system" will correct its self in August. So I countered...is Honda going to sit on their asses and let us suffer for 8 months ? My other counter...The Honda engineers must be completely incompetent if they couldn't come up with a fix in just a couple of weeks.

·
Administrator
21,157 Posts
The Honda engineers must be completely incompetent if they couldn't come up with a fix in just a couple of weeks.
The issue isn't coming up with a fix, it's the massive cost involved in deploying that fix for millions of vehicles which are no longer covered by warranty for a problem that doesn't present a safety risk. Honda likely had nothing to do with this, anyway, as they didn't make the navigation systems - Alpine did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue with my 2014 RTL-S. Navi date and time always says Jan 01, 2002 and the time always starts at 4:35. I was able to correct the time on the radio display via the menu settings, however, being stuck in Jan 1st of 02 is feeling a bit like Groundhogs Day the movie lol. Honda needs to resolve this nonsense FREE of charge for real!
*It's bad for business Honda! Figure this out. 😡

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Alpine made gps units for Honda, Chrysler and Jaguar. I'm not finding any posts of clock issues with Jaguar (though there was a complaint about them losing time, which Jag patched). But, this gps clock roll-over did hit many Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep and U-Connect vehicles in April of 2019. Chrysler did advise U-Connect users to turn off gps/time sync and it would be addressed with a software update. It looks like the older vehicles (mainly 2011/12) did not get a fix, but manual time setting bypass was possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AGAIN- This is total BS by Honda! They are relying on apathy. "Blow up" there communications. I did not buy a $40K vehicle to buy a stick on clock. Don't be sheep! It is the same thing affecting our Country. Honda needs to pay a price for this incompetence. You note they do NOT say how August will fix the problem???

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same issue with my 06. What it strange, and maybe someone reported this already (I did not read the complete thread), is that my clock and calendar worked perfectly until I disconnected the battery to replace the alternator last week. Some were reporting that this happened on 01Jan2022. I recall there was a Y2K patch, so would this not also be the same thing here? It seems that they are making it to be quite a complex task to fix.

261 - 280 of 289 Posts