Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
PIRELLI SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS II. Love them for performance, comfort, rain, low noise, good wear, etc. All around great street tire.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Terrrain contact HT. I’ve had them for a while, awesome tires. Huge upgrade. Tire rack just tested them against the KumhoHT51 and Firestone LE3, you should check it out.
Gotta ask about the on center feel and the small corrections to keep straight if this occurs with the RL. Also, I have the OEM LE2's and I would say they are bouncy. Less bouncy with the HT's?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
PIRELLI SCORPIO VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS II. Love them for performance, comfort, rain, low noise, good wear, etc. All around great street tire.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Same tires. Transformed the truck’s handling. And handles extremely well in rain. I bomb down our toll roads at 90 mph in the rain and the truck doesn’t move an inch.

·
Registered
2017 White RTL-E
158 Posts
Gotta ask about the on center feel and the small corrections to keep straight if this occurs with the RL. Also, I have the OEM LE2's and I would say they are bouncy. Less bouncy with the HT's?
I haven't experienced this with my terrain contact h/t's. I have 4000 miles on them, 1400 of those were towing through two mountain passes at max capacity. Tires have been solid and incredible in rain. Whatever tire you get, make sure the place that installs them does road force balancing though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Michelin Defenders, I like them a lot.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The first 50 miles or so, I thought they roamed a tiny bit, and I thought they were a little bit noisier than the Firestones. Then they stopped roaming and quieted down to near silence, within a few days of putting them on.

Compared to the LE2s, I'd say the HTs feel more planted, firm, and stable, almost like they feel wider. The LE2s were quiet and smooth, but the HTs just feel more confident to me in all conditions, while being just as quiet and smooth.

They have been tremendous in the rain and sleet specifically. In Maryland we deal with a lot of heavy rain storms, and in wet conditions, these are the best tires I've ever owned. Tirerack confirmed that in their tests, they blew the competition away in that regard. On a shallow note, they also look really nice.

If I was buying tires again tomorrow, I'd buy the HTs again. I've been very happy with them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure with Kevlar is what I've been running for the last couple months. Awesome tire, ride is very smooth and quieter than the stock Firestones

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,358 Posts
Since I experimented with 265/60/18 (3% larger) tires I wanted to keep the price down in the event they either rubbed or I didn't like the size change. I went with Hankook's Pathfinder and have been pleasantly surprised. At $139 per tire, couldn't beat them. Oh, and do like the 10.4" footprint. No wandering and much less noise over imperfections.

·
Super Moderator
1,474 Posts
Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure with Kevlar is what I've been running for the last couple months. Awesome tire, ride is very smooth and quieter than the stock Firestones
What size did you put on. Goodyears website says they don't have our stock truck size.

Steve

·
Registered
261 Posts
What size did you put on. Goodyears website says they don't have our stock truck size.

Steve
Ahh, didn't realize they don't make them in 18", I'm running 17's

·
Registered
6 Posts

Steve
Goodyear does offer the Wrangler Trailrunner AT in our stock size. I am considering these myself. Goodyear has a flash sale running through tomorrow (8/4) giving $75 off a set of 4 along with a rebate of $50 ($100 if you use a Goodyear credit card). Might be worth a look if you are in the market.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Continental will probably have the best overall tires for the price. I don't remember the exact model though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts