Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got service codes for serval things B23456 is the codes. I've been reading and seems a couple mean the timing belt and water pump are due to be replaced. Anyone know this for sure and if those are critical to replace right away? And what the cost of having it done would be?

Also, if anyone can tell me what the other codes are that would be great too. I assume one is also oil? Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,078 Posts
This thread will likely be very helpful:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4423

Changing the fluids on these trucks is very simple and you can save a ton of money by doing it yourself. How has your fluid maintenance been so far? Have you changed any of the fluids mentioned in the thread above? If so, how many times. If not, you may want to seriously consider doing all of them because they're WAY past serviceable life.

The timing belt service is the "4" on your code. I assume you have around 100k miles on your truck now. The service ranges on the low side of $700 to the higher side of $1200+. You're going to want to change the timing belt tensioner at the same time as well as the spark plugs. The dealership will want a fortune to change the plugs (over $200), but you can purchase the plugs from Amazon for less than $60 and do it yourself rather easily with basic hand tools. You're at a major service interval here. If you're planning on keeping your truck for awhile longer, you're going to need to put a fair amount of money and time into everything it needs.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Havent done the RL yet, but my 05 Pilot was just done at a local dealer. Belt, water pump and tensioner was $725. Not bad at all. I just turned 80k on it and plan on keeping it for the long haul. My 08 RL will be next. It has 70k miles. I only drive it 2k miles a year, so I will wait until next spring to do it. Both Hondas run like a top.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts