Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

My 2006 with 55k miles on it hit the age recommendation to replace the timing belt. Had the belt(s), water pump and tensioner replaced. All in cost was about $680 parts and labor at the Honda dealer.

I had the dealership save the parts. Not sure I was surprised, but the belt showed no signs of age (other than some "glossing" from running on smooth pulleys) and the pump looked new. The only "issue" was the tensioner showed signs of leaking.

Anyway, good insurance policy. Will wait 100k for the next one.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
With the minimal amount of driving that you're doing it's unlikely that you'll reach an additional 100K before passing it along to your grandson.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just had mine done on my 06 I bought new. Had it done at 175,000 miles. Not a problem. Had tensioner and water pump replaced also. $800. Good for another 175,000. My two cents

·
Registered
146 Posts
$680 for timing belt, pump including parts and labor sound like you did okay (good) on price.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My year is 2007 and the mileage was 53K when had it done. Almost same as original post. Belt, WP and tensioner showed little if any visable wear. If I keep it that long, I will probably wait 10 years to do it again.

Of course the problem is, I promised my 8 year old grandaughter she could have the truck at age 16. She has not let me forget it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My 06 is at 115k and was thinking about getting it done. They quoted me $1000 in california though....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts