Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 06 is pushing 136K and way overdue for timing belt. Can't stomach the stealer price & have a good independent garage who works on Hondas.

I am looking at these two different kits:

Can anyone suggest either or another kit? Not crazy about NAPA, etc but not sure if Federated Auto has something.

Thanks for the advice !

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought my kit from Rock Auto in USA,quick shipping to Canada.The water pump in my kit was chinese made,have a few thousand k's with no problems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought my kit from Rock Auto in USA,quick shipping to Canada.The water pump in my kit was chinese made,have a few thousand k's with no problems.
I saw the Rock Auto one but the kit didn't have the all the parts I saw in other kits. Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Where you at in PA? I drove down to Anderson in Baltimore and got it done for 500 out the door.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's cool, looks like a nice kit you bought. Should work out great.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,339 Posts
Where you at in PA? I drove down to Anderson in Baltimore and got it done for 500 out the door.
Other than the excellent price, what was your experience like with Anderson? I am due and will eventually take my truck up there from the DC Metro area.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Seemed fine. We dropped it and went to the Aquarium and grabbed lunch. Took 5 hours but we took two cars. There's plenty in walking distance if you don't want to sit around and they offered us a ride. Nice place, decent people.

·
Registered
202 Posts
What do you all think of this kit for my 2006 Ridgeline RT with 130,000 miles? I
want to do everything while I am in there. I do have an oil leak so the seals seem prudent although I am not exactly sure where the leak is coming from. I have read on this site that it is typically the rear main seal which I think this kit has. Your thoughts and insight are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
What do you all think of this kit for my 2006 Ridgeline RT with 130,000 miles? I
want to do everything while I am in there. I do have an oil leak so the seals seem prudent although I am not exactly sure where the leak is coming from. I have read on this site that it is typically the rear main seal which I think this kit has. Your thoughts and insight are greatly appreciated.
http://www.amazon.com/Evergreen-TBK329MHWPA-03-08-Odyssey-Timing/dp/B00NCK00WI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428594180&sr=8-1&keywords=2006+honda+ridgeline+timing+belt+kit+oem
I'd probably opt for the Honda OEM kit that was posted earlier in this thread for a few bucks more if it's all the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts