·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,026 Posts
The 3.5l V-6 has a timing belt, both G1 ‘06-‘14 and G2 ‘17-‘19

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh crap, I forgot to check that before purchasing!
When is that replaced and at what cost?
Is it the system that screws up valves if it brakes?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Q
105k miles or seven years, IIRC. It is an interference engine. Belt vs timing chain has been well-debated in another thread....boils down to six of one and half dozen of the other... both have their pros and cons; otherwise, mfrs would not use both designs on modern engines.

·
Administrator
13,775 Posts
105/7 is based on older Hondas back before the Maintenance Minder.

There is no longer a time interval. The timing belt should be changed when code 4 appears on the Maintenance Minder unless "you drive regularly in very high temperatures (over 110°F ,43°C), in very low temperatures (under -20°F, -29°C), or tow a trailer" in which case the belt should be replaced every 60,000 miles (U.S.) / 100,000 km (Canada). If you replace the belt before code 4 appears on the Maintenance Minder, you'll need to have a dealer reset code 4 once the timing belt is replaced.

Belt manufacturers and others whose income depends on the sales and installation of timing belts may tell you that it should be replaced more often.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Cost $1200.00 on my 2005 Pilot and $1200.00 on my 2005 Accord. (give or take) Included: Water pump, pulleys, belt, antifreeze, spark plugs, oil & filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts