Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I am just about to buy 2012 ridgeline RTL with 160K miles on the odometer but the car was brought to the dealership from the auction and there is no record of timing belt changing.
How do I know when the belt and water pump were replaced ?
I took it to the reputable mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection and he liked this vehicle.
Another question: the car has no navigation unit so there is not backup camera, can I buy some aftermarket reliable camera ?
This is my first pick up and maneuvering it can be a challenge sometimes.

Thank you guys !

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello everybody,
I am just about to buy 2012 ridgeline RTL with 160K miles on the odometer but the car was brought to the dealership from the auction and there is no record of timing belt changing.
How do I know when the belt and water pump were replaced ?
I took it to the reputable mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection and he liked this vehicle.
Another question: the car has no navigation unit so there is not backup camera, can I buy some aftermarket reliable camera ?
This is my first pick up and maneuvering it can be a challenge sometimes.

Thank you guys !
I recently changed my timing belt, water pump, etc. and can't see any obvious signs that I just changed it other than those areas are now clean. I used Aisin parts and they supplied a sticker to record mileage and date, which I applied under the hood. Did you look for anything under the hood, door jambs, owners manual, etc? I don't know if dealers record the service under the vehicle's VIN, might be something to look into.

I got a Hopkins license plate camera for mine and it works fine. Excellent Co. to deal with. Had an issue with the camera after over a year of use and they sent an entire unit, no charge.

The RL's large turning radius is one of its biggest flaws IMO, you just get used to it. Still better than maneuvering a full size pickup, though.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,739 Posts
If you are happy with the vehicle price, at the time of purchase, see if you can negotiate a timing belt and water pump change.Since you are about to buy it right then, they may just throw it in for you. Let them know you also need to see if the ATF, center transfer and rear diff fluids were changed. If not, let them do it prior to you taking it in your hands.

There are an abundant amount of threads in teh G1 section about aftermarket stereo units & android units, along with various backup camera installations. Browse them and see what fits your bill.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the dreadful 105,000 mile timing belt maintenance done a few weeks ago. Timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, tensioner pulley, serpentine belt, transmission fluid, differential fluid, coolant and of course oil and filter. The valves did not need adjusted. All for the low low price of $1700.00 and change.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,134 Posts
I had the dreadful 105,000 mile timing belt maintenance done a few weeks ago. Timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, tensioner pulley, serpentine belt, transmission fluid, differential fluid, coolant and of course oil and filter. The valves did not need adjusted. All for the low low price of $1700.00 and change.
How do you know your valves didn't need adjustment. Did they check them or you basing that on something else?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts