Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer told me that my 07 Ridgeline had an oil leak related to the carrier bolt seal and I should have it replaced while they change the belts, tensioner and water pump etc (94K - 13 years old) at an additional $397.53 (otherwise it would cost +-$1500 if done on it's own)
Here is how they worded it on the invoice:
CARRIER BOLT RESEAL
Installed Oil hole gasket, oil seal, o-ring, spool valve filter, ultra FLG Sealant and Hondabond HT.
Resealed Carrier Bolt for Leaking Oil.

Not sure what this is all about - no sign of an oil leak under the car or on my garage floor but I took their word for it and paid the $2260.26 for belts etc and oil leak fix.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,395 Posts
Dealer told me that my 07 Ridgeline had an oil leak related to the carrier bolt seal and I should have it replaced while they change the belts, tensioner and water pump etc (94K - 13 years old) at an additional $397.53 (otherwise it would cost +-$1500 if done on it's own)
Here is how they worded it on the invoice:
CARRIER BOLT RESEAL
Installed Oil hole gasket, oil seal, o-ring, spool valve filter, ultra FLG Sealant and Hondabond HT.
Resealed Carrier Bolt for Leaking Oil.

Not sure what this is all about - no sign of an oil leak under the car or on my garage floor but I took their word for it and paid the $2260.26 for belts etc and oil leak fix.

What do you think?
I think that $1800 (+-) for the timing belt job is pretty ridiculous. A good price these days seems to be around $700 for that job. Even if they replaced the plugs that is still complete robbery. Did they do anything else other than the bolt reseal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was all they did.. not sure anyone in this area (Portland, OR) will do the belts etc for $700.. but thanks for the input. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts