Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get their front windows tinted and have pics to post? Did you get them to match the factory tint on the back windows...or did you go a little lighter on the front ones? Trying to make up my mind how dark to go in the front. Please post pics light or dark.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Griz that looks good...not too dark or light. Looks like it matches the factory tint on back window. What percent tint is on the front?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Is that 25%?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think it's 30. At least when I called the guy that's what he recalled. It matches perfectly.

Whatever it is I told the guy I wanted it to match the rear as close as possible.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I went to dark on my prior GMC and had a hard time seeing out the window at night. Went lighter on the Ridgeline so I could see out better. You really don't get much more heat deflection going darker if you use a good quality tint.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went to dark on my prior GMC and had a hard time seeing out the window at night. Went lighter on the Ridgeline so I could see out better. You really don't get much more heat deflection going darker if you use a good quality tint.
Agreed. That was the route I took this time around.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Two vehicles ago, I had a Maxima with 5% tint. Looked badass except I had to roll down the windows half the time at night when parking and stuff like that lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very ballsy going 5% but I think it looks awesome!
yeah, technically in my area any % is illegal. i'd pay the same fine whether it was 35%, 25%, or 5%... why not go with what looks best? cops here are generally good about not pulling you over JUST for tint, though. you have to be doing other things illegal and then they'd add the tint fix as icing on the ticket. lol!

as far as vision goes, i can see fine at night. i understand some people may live in the sticks where lightning may be limited, so 5% may not be an option... but all the parking lots in my area are nicely lit and i can see parking lines as good as if it were 12 noon.

plus, i can roll up to a light like terry crews without people looking..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Anyone get their front windows tinted and have pics to post? Did you get them to match the factory tint on the back windows...or did you go a little lighter on the front ones? Trying to make up my mind how dark to go in the front. Please post pics light or dark.
I took my BE in yesterday for oil change and a complaint about the FM radio reception. The service adviser gal said "Have you tinted the windows?" No, I have not! She says well they sure do look dark to me. The truck was on the rack and the windows were rolled down. She was looking at the headliner!>:)

There was just a long pause and then an "OH".

·
Registered
741 Posts
i took my be in yesterday for oil change and a complaint about the fm radio reception. The service adviser gal said "have you tinted the windows?" no, i have not! She says well they sure do look dark to me. The truck was on the rack and the windows were rolled down. She was looking at the headliner!>:)

there was just a long pause and then an "oh".
o....m....g!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
The best angle I could get with the way the sun is bouncing light right now, definitely not ideal of the exact shade but it's 70% 3M Crystalline on the windshield and the side windows and over the factory tint on the back and rear window.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
20% fronts, clear UV backs and rear window, 60% windshield. All SunTek ceramic. Does make a big difference with heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts