Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to say again how great this Forum is. :)

Looking for a good tint shop to tint my moonroof and front windows on my upcomming trip to San Diego. Does anyone have a recomendation on a good shop in that area?? :confused:

Also, what brand/type of tint has everyone been using. I would like it to match the other windows, but that's pretty dark for the smokies to be looking at me too much. No tickets needed, but I may just go overboard anyway.

I saw most of your posts on the tint issue, but no one really said what brand or type of tint was looking good.

Thanks in advance for all your help. Can our trucks get any cooler to drive. I love it.

P.S. Thanks for all those who have posted pictures to help me decide, I got mine racked this Tuesday and it's great. I'll post pictures soon.

L

·
0 Posts
Ridgeline Guy said:
It is the best isn't it.

Can our trucks get any cooler to drive. I love it.
Nope. :D

I'll post pictures soon.Can't wait to see them.
Hi Silver..I mean...err..umm.. Ridgeline Guy. I can't help you with tinting but give it some time and someone on here will.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I did mine. LOOKS GREAT. 26% on back and rears and 13% sides.

I had some pics, darn it, I lost'm

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Ridgeline Guy said:

Looking for a good tint shop to tint my moonroof and front windows on my upcomming trip to San Diego. Does anyone have a recomendation on a good shop in that area?? :confused:

Also, what brand/type of tint has everyone been using. I would like it to match the other windows, but that's pretty dark for the smokies to be looking at me too much. No tickets needed, but I may just go overboard anyway.

I saw most of your posts on the tint issue, but no one really said what brand or type of tint was looking good.

Thanks in advance for all your help. Can our trucks get any cooler to drive. I love it.

P.S. Thanks for all those who have posted pictures to help me decide, I got mine racked this Tuesday and it's great. I'll post pictures soon.
Hi Ridgeline Guy,
There are plenty of tint shops in SoCal! If you have the navi system try it out! Be warned! CHP (California Highway Patrol) are strict on tint especially when it is on the driver and passenger front windows. Don't even go there for the windshield! The moonroof is no problem! If you want me to research one in my area, just let me know!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hey Ridgeline Guy, Our Ridge has 15% (Limo) applied on the back window and the two rear side windows. We went with 25% (Medium) on the two fronts. The material is 3M brand window tint. We also have a 10-year warranty against peeling, fading, and cracking. They removed and replaced the window sill rubber so the tint is applied below the door sill line. They will even remove & replace the two front tinting's in the event of a bust. There now is a fine imposed in a “fix-it ticket” concerning the tinting of front windows in the state of California.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Big Trouble said:
Sweet rims!
Hi Big Trouble, The rims are fake! (Photopaint) My way better half says we need to carpet the house before the Ridge gets rim's!!. My wheel & tire setup will be:

20"Ø Kyowa KR517 Black Rims 20x8.5 5x120 38 $296 Each
TOYO Proxes S/T 265/45VR20 265X747 (29.4093-tall)
STREET/SPORT TRUCK
ALL SEASON $214 Each
$2040 Set of 4

but thank you all the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts