Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have this light that turns on it is underneath the garage door opener what is it? I just bought my new ridgleine RTL S/R on saturday and noticed this later in the evening while driving. It's not the homelink light either

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's a courtesy light. Gary Flint pointed out the feature at the Ridgeline's debut. It shines on the center console and is controlled by the main dimmer on the upper left side of the dash. Cool, huh?

·
Registered
430 Posts
It is called ambient lighting. When you are driving at night the light casts a subtle glow on the the area between the driver's and passenger's seat/leg area. This is especially noticable away from city lights. It makes it very easy to see what you have placed in the cup holders or in one of the other storage areas. My '03 Accord had this and I am really glad they included it on the Ridgline.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
It's amazing the things you'll find if you read the owner's manual :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your answers. It's an awesome feature that had me stumped and one that I wasn't sure of. This truck beats my old 97 Chevy Z-71 extended cab to a pulp in every aspect.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I noticed it in my wife's accord and was very pleased to have it in the Ridge. Makes it easy to find something in the center console area without killing night vision with the bright lights.

·
Registered
774 Posts
We love this feature in my wife's '04 Accord. The light's effect is more pronounced in the Accord since the roof is lower. It's still nice to have this little deluxe feature in the Ridgeline.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts