Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tips for Install of BT35 or BT45-HON3 in 2006 Ridgeline?

Anyone installed the BT35 or BT45-HON3 in their 1G Ridgeline? I see some chatter about the BT45-HON3 in the forums here, but nothing definitive about how to do the install.

I would love advice or quick tips from anyone who:
- installed direct to the HU behind the front dash (I don't think I'm ever going to activate XM so I'm open to the behind HU option)
- installed in the rear at the XM tuner and ran the microphone to front (where did you mount microphone and how did you run the microphone cord from the rear to the front?)

I was hoping to buy the device as cheaply as possible (aka not Crutchfield). If anyone has any input on the above points, I'm feeling confident about just purchasing the device off eBay or Amazon for about $140 and figuring it out myself. If not, I feel like I'll to resort to paying the premium to purchase from Crutchfield for $170 and hope that their supposedly expert instructions (never ordered from them before) can help me get everything installed alright.

I plan to take pics and put an install tutorial on the forum for anyone else looking to do this specifically for the Ridgeline once I get it.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Search for the previous model (BT35?). It's there. I just read about it in the last couple of days. Complete with microphone placement and routing.

I've wandered in and out of these forums for years, never paying much time/attention to them. That post though, had I seen it, would have meant BT in my truck years ago. Instead I sit here waiting for my G2.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Search for the previous model (BT35?). It's there. I just read about it in the last couple of days. Complete with microphone placement and routing.
Great idea. I didn't realize they were similar. I'm scanning the forum but not finding one easily on first glance. Thanks for the heads up on that!

I still welcome any input anyone has on how they hooked up their BT35 or BT45.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts