Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What products or what combination of elbow grease and products do you use to clean tires?

There are a multitude of wheel products on the market and the choices can be overwhelming. I have an RTL with the factory wheels. Any suggestions? Is there anything to help make wheels less likely to become coated with brake dust?

Am planning on using 303 on the tires instead of amorall. Just got my 303 this week.

Go Tar Heels!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I use plain old car wash soap with a good bristle brush to clean my tires. The wheels are cleaned with Blue Corral Wheel Magic but that is often times overkill and not really necessary as long as you have a dedicated glove or sponge just for the tire/wheels. Depending on what I'm in the mood for in terms of wet look or black matte, I'll use either Meguiar's Hot Shine or Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss. The Meguiars are the best products I've found for tire dressings and they never turn tires brownish like some do. I do not use Armorall, at least not for several years now, but I very much want to try the 303 Protectant on tires as I have heard a lot of good things about it.

The wheels do have a tendency to show dust (our Ridgelines have massive brakes!). The best thing for that is an application of Klasse AIO (All In One) Polish followed by a coat of Klasse SG (Sealant Glaze). This makes keeping the wheels clean of dust a snap. The problem is they are very expensive products and unless you plan on using them to polish and seal your paint, it is a waste for just wheels. I love the Klasse twins for this purpose and will never use wax again. The wheel thing is just a bonus (as is putting AIO on your windows).

·
Registered
670 Posts
I use Simply Green and a good brush, then a soft cloth. I finish by applying Michelin brake dust repellant (I just found the latter the other day. So far it seems to work okay).

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Whatever you do, don't try to wash the backside of the rim (inside) with your hands. It is very sharp back there and you will come out with sliced hands! Run your finger back there along the edges and you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Wheels car wash soap (Mr. Clean) and finish the tires with Eagle One Tire Shine (2 coats: 1 I rub on and 1 spray and walk away).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blue Coral on the wheels, Meguiar's NXT Tire Shine on the Tires.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
SCMSwBkRn said:
Blue Coral on the wheels, Meguiar's NXT Tire Shine on the Tires.
Cool SCMSwBkRn! I just got some Meguiar's NXT Tire Shine for the weekend ritual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts