Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched all over to see if this was discussed but could not find it anywhere. I am about to take a trip and checked the tires - all are @ 36 PSI. Any recomendations for some who have more miles on their tires as for pressure ( I know Lady is the Queen of Ridge Miles :D ) and wear? MPG? Ride?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'd keep them at the specified 32 psi not matter what your tire wear is (check your drivers door jam label), pretty sure Honda doesn't come up with these numbers without careful study. Check the tires when they are cold, meaning the truck has not been driven for 3 hours or more and is not in direct sun light.

If you're anticipating a big change in temp where ever you're going I'd adjust by a few psi, ie: your garage temp is 70 degrees but you're going to the snow where it's 30 degrees then I'd add a 2 psi when checking in the garage to compensate for the drop in pressure you'll get in the colder weather to try to get to the middle ground for both conditions.

The tire pressure will roughly change 1 psi for every 10 degrees of ambient temperature change.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm running at 35 psi, and still have a comfortable ride. Had a 2005 4 Runner that I ran at 32 psi. When the weather got cold the low pressure sensor came on so I pulled over to the side of the road and checked, 32 psi; therefore, put 35 psi and no more false sensor readings. Hope the Ridge works out if you leave it at 32!!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
oldguy said:
I'm running at 35 psi, and still have a comfortable ride. Had a 2005 4 Runner that I ran at 32 psi. When the weather got cold the low pressure sensor came on so I pulled over to the side of the road and checked, 32 psi; therefore, put 35 psi and no more false sensor readings. Hope the Ridge works out if you leave it at 32!!!
For the Ridge the TPMS warning is set to go off if your pressure is 23 psi or less.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - will have to check when its cool - it may have been hot when I checked it before. I always kept my MDX @ 35psi and never had any trouble with it at all and it drove great !! Just like the Ridge :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts