Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your Tire Pressure. I have read that some people here are putting up to 40psi in the tires. I think im still with what Honda has in them ( 35psi ) Should i put 40?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Was at 32...now 34 all around... :D

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
c_duncan_pe I run them at 35 psi, Honda states 32psi for all for tires.
CD
The tires actually state 35psi... At 32psi, I find the ride to smooshy... I have run 34psi (cold tire pressure) since the first week of purchase.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
The tires actually state 35psi... At 32psi, I find the ride to smooshy... I have run 34psi (cold tire pressure) since the first week of purchase.
Yes, the tires say 35, but Honda says 32. Personally, I run 35 for the better fuel mileage, but what the tire says doesn't have anything to do with it. You can buy replacement tires that say 40, but that doesn't mean you should run it that high.

Now, I wouldn't go over 35 psi with the stock tires as you're then running over the maximum safe pressure as determined by Michelin, which could cause a blowout as the tire pressure will increase with heat from driving.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Now, I wouldn't go over 35 psi with the stock tires as you're then running over the maximum safe pressure as determined by Michelin, which could cause a blowout as the tire pressure will increase with heat from driving.
I'll go with the Swampler. I'm sure they factor in pressure increases from driving but if you exceed the combination of max load and tire pressure you are most likely SOL (i.e. sorry... outa luck :D ).

·
Registered
888 Posts
I run 35 PSI to get a little better mileage.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I must have missed that change. When did 34 psi for the tires come out, is that new for the '07s? Just curious.
CD
I have an 06...
I was running at 32, as per Honda... Haven't had the best MPGs so decided to try them a tad higher but did not want them maxed. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys think im gonna notice a difference from 32 to 34 PSI? I am tempted to try at 35 all around. Hey Swampler are you getting a better mpg with the 35PSI?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I noticed a big difference in just 2 lbs--
I run 34 as opposed to 32 psi and it's a major difference. RL was feeling really "sluggish" in steering and response. Checked the pressure and found it had dropped to 31.5 (a few @ 32). Now back at 34 psi, and steering is better, not to mention I'll probably beat 21.5 mpg on my next tanks!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Honda says 32 psi all around. 34 feels just right--not harsh and much more responsive. Maybe my gauge IS off -- northernlights is right about these things being off.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Tire pressure recommendations are usually on the inside of the driver's door sill.

I use a Longacre racing tire pressure gauge that's calibrated at the factory. It's for racing use, so it's very accurate.

http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=1118&catid=8

So far I've been keeping the tire pressures at 32psi as recommended but I think I'm going to try it higher just to check it out.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
have done the same since replacing the OE Michelins with Goodyear Fortera TripleTred rubber, can't comment on increased mileage as made the swap (at around 3,000 miles) when the truck was still breaking in . . . can certainly agree with others here that 34-35 seems to produce a slightly more responsive, less "mushy" ride and handling and it would make sense that it would serve to improve fuel economy (albeit very slightly)

·
Registered
193 Posts
34 psi seems right. I have an early 06 and the 1st winter, when early morning temps in the 30's my low pressure light lite up on all the tires; there after, I ran at 35 psi. :confused:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I have run 35 psi in my last four vehicles, including the RL. The factory recommended pressure on all of them are 32 psi. The increased pressure has had no ill effects on any of the tires but as stated, increases responsiveness and mpg, especially when towing.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts