Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got up for work the other morning and noticed the low tire pressure light was on. It showed me that the right front tire was low. I was asked at the Az ROC meeting (a record of 8 RL's) if the sensors worked with non-stock wheels and I did't know at the time. Now I know - yes. I placed the proper air pressure in and the sensor turned off - cool. Still a very happy RL owner with no complaints. Vince

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
You posted an interesting question on whether they worked on non Honda issued mounted tires. I'm glad you found out. I found out about a month after getting my truck that my right rear tire was low. When I first say the symbol on my dashboard, I wasn't sure what it meant. I know I had read about it in some way, but had to confirm my suspection. I didn't even notice the tire indicator on the vehicle outline on the dashboard at first. But when I figured out the symbol, the other indicator made sense.

So I got out and looked at the tire and it barely even had a bulge. I figured out I picked up a nail, but I was out of state and not ready to deal with a repair. So I pumped it up and the symbol went away. 3 weeks later, it came back. So that reminded me to go get it fixed.

So, that feature has been surprisingly great.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Big Baller,

Thanks for this info! I've read that you may use the units from the stock wheels provided you replace the crush washers. Do you have the torque specs for the remounting of these valve stems? Thanks a million.:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
5S Dude said:
Big Baller,

Thanks for this info! I've read that you may use the units from the stock wheels provided you replace the crush washers. Do you have the torque specs for the remounting of these valve stems? Thanks a million.:D
If I am remembering properly, I think it is 3ft lb. I either read that in the manual of from another thread here. I've done alot of reading on these darn things lately!

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Thanks coldnight, I will probably purchase four new tire sensors for my new wheels and keep the stockers for winter driving. (For what little winter we get in CA) We spent the weekend in the mountains and did not require chains but we will be going back there this winter. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
5S Dude said:
Thanks coldnight, I will probably purchase four new tire sensors for my new wheels and keep the stockers for winter driving. (For what little winter we get in CA) We spent the weekend in the mountains and did not require chains but we will be going back there this winter. :)
Thats the reason for our tire oddessy too... We get enough ice and sleet that studded hakkapeliittas are what we are going to use. We're putting those on the steel wheels and keeping the alloys for when your wheels arn't covered in slime/slush/salt! I hope to have them ready to put on the truck on Wednesday next week. I'm hoping it doesn't ice/snow hard before then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts