Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my first post in this forum. My is 2012 model comes with Michelin P245/60R18 tire. I saw a good deal for a set of Bridgestone DM-V1 P245/65R17 winter tire with rims, it was off from 2009 model.

My question is would it fit on my 2012 model? Any pros / cons?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,392 Posts
Should fit without issue, that was the stock size in 2005. There were no brake rotor changes or any other changes in the wheel area that would effect using those for winter tires and wheels

Good Luck, and Enjoy the Ride

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,877 Posts
You can easily check the tire diameter difference by using this technique:
(from here)
http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/...ffects-of-tire-diameter-on-final-drive-ratio/

The easiest way to determine tire diameter is to call your tire dealer and ask for it—easy, but not always an option. The second way is to use the following formulas and figure things out yourself. Please note that these formulas are for metric-rated passenger and light truck tires. Slicks, large off-road, and some larger, Pro Street style tires are already rated by diameter, so you don’t have to do any calculating for them.

We will be using a P235/60R-15 tire as our example: 235 is the section width, 60 the aspect ratio, and 15 the required wheel rim diameter. Here is the basic formula:

Tire Diameter = 2 x (section width/25.4) x (aspect ratio/100) + rim diameter

When you plug in the values from our sample tire, the formula looks like this:

Tire Diameter = 2 x (235/25.4) x (60/100) + 15

Now, let’s do the calculations:

Tire Diameter = 2 x (9.25 x .60) + 15
Tire Diameter = 2 x 5.55 + 15
Tire Diameter = 26.1 inches (round down to 26)

Edit: Here's another cool site with some handy calculators under the Calculator section on the LH side of the page:
http://www.4lo.com/calc/gearratio.php

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,392 Posts
Speed,

I personally like this Tire Size Calculator, and the 18" vs 17" is less than a 0.3% size difference, if I read it correctly.

I believe dralon's question was would those "rims" fit, and it sounded like he found Ridgeline Snow's and they were from an early RL.

I could be wrong???

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,877 Posts
Good link. Bookmarked. I think they all use the same formula to come up with the diameter.

Yeah, probably so regarding the fit. I thought I'd toss a little something extra in there in case someone wanted to check bigger tires to see how they compare to the OEM size. Then they could just run the calculation to check the tire size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts