Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for coming aboard the best Ridgeline forum. I am sure you will be asked many questions. I think I'll start by asking a few:

What is the Ridgeline factory oil? The used oil analysis tests show this oil to be high in moly content but many feel this is a result of engine assembly lube rather than some special "break-in" oil. I have heard that it is really nothing more than Superflo.

The OLM (oil life monitor) that is part of the service maintenance chip is a great tool for oil change interval. What happens if someone changes oil at 3000 miles for example instead of waiting until the service due notice comes on? Will this resetting of the monitor affect other service components? In other words, is the olm the primary gauge for all other service notices and intervals? Larry Flynn (I think that is his name) in an interview here gave us that impression.

Speaking of oil, why is there no "severe" service instructions given in the manual? The monitor may assess engine load and in fact the manual does say to use 30weight oil if a lot of heavy towing is expected. However, the monitor can not monitor such things as dusty conditions. Are we to follow the monitor in all cases?

Thanks for any input and again, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Question for our new Honda ROC member.
Would it be possible for you, or do you know someone at Honda that can run statistics, to find the actual sales numbers according to color.
Check out our poll listed below for color of choice.
Just curious if we could get actual numbers right from Honda's mouth:)
Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts