Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always good to have a little insight as to how our vehicles are manufactured.
Since you work at the plant, I was wondering if you are getting any feed back as to how the Ridgeline is being received. Have there been any changes to how the trucks are built after they have been in use by the customers a while. For example, has there been any changes made to the windshield installs. Wind noise seems to be the one problem that comes up quite a bit.
If you would rather not talk about work I understand. Let me say thanks to you and the rest of the assemblers though, as my truck is fantastic. Good Job!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well im assuming that there is somebody at honda watching and reading this site but I will say a few things. This is not anything unique to this vehicle as they have started other models since I have worked there but saying that during the first month or so of production there was parts being changed and assemblied different to counter some problems on the first units that we did during the end of 2004. So i don't know much about the actual windshield install but the process is the same for every model when it comes to installing them so in my opinion it is probably some sort of parts problem. It doesn't take much when you see all of the parts to know that it doesn't take much for them to fit wrong or perform poorly with any small defect. Anyways overall I think that no one buying a RL should worry about the quality of the assembly because everything is installed and checked 10 times before it ever leaves the plant. So if you do have a problem, go to the dealer and im sure if they have a fix for it they will be more than happy to fix it for you. After all Honda wants you to be happy and lets face it people that read this site and see that there is the odd problem don't care as much about that as seeing that the problem and you as the customer are taken care of. Anyways if anyone has something they want to ask go ahead and feel free, I will answer it if I can. If it really means anything to you guys/girls thinking about buying an RL...if honda wasn't selling so many and there were allowing associated to buy at our discount I would probably already have bought one and thats even seeing them being built everyday.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind, I do have a question. When I took off the dash to install my XM there were numerous letters and intials written by grease pen on the dashboard and in back of the dash panel. What is all that about? Thanks, Bama

·
Registered
114 Posts
most of those marks are checks that are done by the manufacturers of the parts...some are also checks done online to show something has been installed/torqued etc. Keep the questions coming...always willing to help :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Kid,

If I could also ask you a question, the other day I saw a post about the XM radio for the canadian models, I believe you said it was a different wiring harness. How about for the head lights, how much difference is there on those, I would love to have the DRL's in my Ridgeline, do you know how much work it would take? If its only a part or 2, I will ask my brother to pick them up for me at his dealer and bring them down.

Thanks in Advance

ps that plant looks like a great place to work, that ice rink is fantastic.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can't really tell you much about the lights but my guess would be that since all the headlights are the same the harness would be the same. Don't really know much about the headlight functions. Honda is a good place to work...and many friends appreciated it more after they were fired or quite...tough to make $30 with little or no education anywhere else. The rec center is great along with the hockey league(something like 64 teams in 4 divisions this year)...just as good is the shop and programs they offer. I am leasing an 05 s2000 with insurance and maintanence for 1000/month with over 6000 worth of options on it. Plus 2 year lease :D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Question for the kid - I've noticed alot of white powder residue on the underside of the truck. Any idea what this is? I'm hoping it's not dried salt from the roads up there when they do a test drive at the plant or loading. Just wondering if I should take the time to scrub all of it off or not. Thanks a bunch for your time & insight.

·
Registered
114 Posts
that white powder is called torque paint...every time we do a torque on a body it needs to be marked. They have a sponge in the socket of the torque wrench filled with white paint which leaves a mark on the bolt. This would be my best opinion ;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
the kid said:
that white powder is called torque paint...every time we do a torque on a body it needs to be marked. They have a sponge in the socket of the torque wrench filled with white paint which leaves a mark on the bolt. This would be my best opinion ;)
Sorry, should have been more clear. Not talking about the paint on the bolts and so forth. This is a powder residue that covers the entire surface of like the oil pan and transmission. Starting to think it may just be left over residue from the casting process of those items. It comes off quite easily just by rubbing it with your fingers. Guess I'll give it the lick test and see if it's salt or not :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
sorry about that...I wouldn't count out salt...they do hammer it on the test track so they can run all the tests properly at speed...wouldn't they have washed that at the dealer when it was detailed :confused:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I only know as much as you guys know about it...not much! I'm just assuming that it is a parts problem...whether it is being made wrong or doesn't fit right! :)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
what's the size of speakers used on the RL door's? Once i get mine, i may want to change it to H/K speakers? Also, what's is the maximum wattage that i can put with out frying the O.E. wires for the headlight before upgrading to larger gauge wire? Thanx for you time answering these questions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts