Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there has been a thread on this topic before but I wanted to post some additional pictures and information on this again.

I ordered the tonneau cover and the bed extender for my Ridgeline at the time of purchase. When I went back to the dealer to have the accessories installed, the service dept. insisted that these two accessories would not work together. All of the documentation they have at the dealership tells them that these pieces will not work together. I went home that night and did some research on the ROC and found out that other members were using both accessories so I printed out the posts and brought them into the dealership. They finally agreed and after installation both accessories work great together. Thanks to everyone who posted on that thread. I am sure I would be without a bed extender today if it wasn't for your posts.

If you ever get negative feedback from your dealership please take these pictures with you. Hopefully this will help your case...

I am not as good as other ROC members with blurring the license plate so I disguised it with a Bud Light. (Ha ha)

Notice the cutouts in the tonneau cover that were made specifically for the bed extender

Even flips back and forth from the inside bed to the tailgate with out removing it from the swivels.

Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Todd!

Welcome to the ROC "Greens"! :D Cool Caddyshack pic!

I was wondering how the trunk lid operates with the bed extender on. Do you have to remove it entirely? Will it open with the extender out on the tailgate?

How are the backup sensors doing? Like em? I'm off and on the fence about the Honda ones.

HH

·
Registered
257 Posts
Todd said:
I went home that night and did some research on the ROC and found out that other members were using both accessories so I printed out the posts and brought them into the dealership. They finally agreed and after installation both accessories work great together. Thanks to everyone who posted on that thread. I am sure I would be without a bed extender today if it wasn't for your posts.

This is EXACLTY the reason I ask people to post pics of there installs, or anything relating to Modding or adding to the truck. It just helps other people./

Nice job dude, and that look KILLER!!

I have a couple of questions:

1. Does that cover come completely off in case you need 100% or your bed?

2. What did the dealer charge you to have everything installed including your back up sensors?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
HenryHonda:

I had a good laugh when I saw your picture. Good shot of you in the trunk!

The truck lid will not open with the bed extender in either the "in the bed" position or the "tailgate" position. Although, The bed extender is extremely simple to remove. It attaches to posts seated on the sides of the bed (similar to how your car door holds it self shut) and there are quick release latches on the bed extender that allow you to quickly take it off. This has not really bothered me but then again I don't use my bed trunk constantly.

I have never owned backup sensors before so I can't compare them to anything else. I can tell you I love how they work. They help a lot in tight parking lots and parking garages to most efficiently get youself out of spaces. I didn't notice a lady was watching me get out of a tight parking garage space the other day and as soon as I was out in two movements she complimented me on how well I handled the truck. It was all sensors and backup camera though that made me look like a pro. So far I give the backup sensors the thumbs up!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DWDrums:

1. Does that cover come completely off in case you need 100% or your bed?

The tonneau cover is attached with four screws that are easy to remove. In my opinion they should have attached it with cotter pins or quick relase latches. It is such a pain to slide under the tonneau cover and use the socket set to get the bolts out. Once the bolts are out you probably should have two people to help remove it but it could be done with one person. The tonneau is bulky and weighs a good bit more than you would think.

The real problem in my opinion is putting the cover back on the truck. Putting the bolts back in to secure the cover is a tough job. On initial fit the bolt holes don't line up well with out some pressure and effort. Take some time when you are doing this because I see the potential for stripping a screw a shearing the fasteners.

It could be made better in future versions of the tonneau cover but overall it is really pretty easy task.

2. What did the dealer charge you to have everything installed including your back up sensors?
I felt that I overpaid from other posts I have read. All my items were negotiated together in the total price of the truck so I don't know what the breakout of each accessory would be.

Here is what I had installed:

2006 RTL Navi Sunroof
Fog Lights
Backup Sensors
Roof rack
Bed Extender
Tow Package
Rear Splash Guards
Tonneau cover
Rear Underseat Storage
Upgrade Rearview Mirror
Rearview Camera

$39,000

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DWDrums:

No problem...I am still waiting for the Deep Purple Album Cover to come out as your Avatar!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts