Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm looking at my options for a bike rack, and I am trying to figure out what I want to do in terms of mounting. It looks like the front wheel fork mount is covered pretty well, but I can't find much about securing the back wheel.

As far as what I'm working with, I have the OEM tonneau cover, and I would like to have the bikes mounted on-top (with the back wheel sitting on the back half of the cover). I figure the wheels don't need much support, just enough to stop them from swaying side to side.

I went to a shop that specializes in racks, and the guy suggested putting tie-downs directly bolted into the tie-down (saying that it is thick enough to support this). Has anyone done this before? I'm having a difficult time finding something similar. If I go through with this, I'm planning on putting plates on the opposite side of the cover for when I fold it over so it doesn't damage the cover over time.

I'm not a huge fan of the cross-bars, because I won't be able to open my tonneau without taking them off. Also, I've considered the tie-downs that bolt onto the sides (at the end on the top), but I am going to mount 3 bikes so I'm not sure how'd attach the middle one.

If anyone has any other ideas or example, let me know. Also, I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on the tonneau tie-downs.

-Alex

Also, moved this from the Accessories forum... apologies for posting in the wrong place!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts