Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there's an official weight limit on the surface of the OEM tonneau?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone know if there's an official weight limit on the surface of the OEM tonneau?
The instructions do not mention, but I would steer clear of putting any heavy or hard on it as they already get indents in them from having the cover folded open

What are you looking to put on it

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
Look up the Extang Solid Fold 2 weight limit for guidance. But keep this in mind -- all tonneau weight limits are "distributed." Meaning that there's not a small area that the weight is focused on. The point of this metric about how much snow and ice your tonneau can hold. It applies more to soft covers than hard covers.

Curious. What are you thinking of putting up there? If it's something like a quad, you need a DiamondBack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious if a kid could stand or sit on it. Tailgating, watching a ball game from the back.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Part of the reason I got the Bak Flip F1 was that you could put 400 pounds of distributed weight on it. They had an old ad showing an ATV parked on top.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
I've never seen that ad but that goes totally against the whole idea of what "distributed" means. That would be concentrating the weight into four points.

A young kid say under 8 would probably not be an issue. But both the Honda tonneau and the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 have issues with the seals on the top of their covers. I wouldn't make it a regular thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts