Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 06 RTL with a factory tonneau, and I don't think the cover is going to work out for me. With an interior clearance of 16", I'm 2" short of getting 90% of the boxes I need to put in there, in there! I don't see an easy way to take it off and on, but if I'm missing something in that regard, please let me know. I have been looking at aftermarket covers, but very few of them are actually pictured on a Ridgeline, so I'd like to know if any of them fit on TOP of the bed caps, instead of in between them. I'm good with a rigid, folding or soft tonneau that fits on top of the rail caps, but if it has to be in between like the factory cover, I think I'll need to go soft rollup.

Anybody interested in a factory tonneau in decent shape? I'm in Florida, and could even drive to you and we could remove it together to be sure you've got everything if you aren't too far away!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm seeming to find as well. It looks like my options will be to either find a method of easily removing my factory tonneau, locating a cap, or getting a Peragon cover.

· Registered
2011 Ridgeline
9 Posts
Hi guys,

I just recently purchased a 2010 Ridgeline RTL, I'm loving it, it did not come with a lot of things I would have liked, but for the price was very good deal, and well now I have some nice after work projects to work with!

I want to install both the tonneau and the tailgate bed extender, I know that honda has OEM parts, but before I buy anything I wanted to be sure they can both fit at the same time. Anybody knows anything about this?

Any inputs are welcomed, thanks! Also, it this is already in another thread don't hesitate to redirect me!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did mine like 8 years ago. You can remove it quickly and secure it to one side of the bed or put it into the back seat. Makes it way more flexible.
Do you have a link or picture to the type of hitch pins you used and/or a picture of what you did to the brackets? This definitely sounds like the best way to go!

· Registered
2018 RTL-E
679 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Hitch-Sprung-Trailer-Safety-Diameter/dp/B0083C27BM

This style. I dont recall the pin thickness anymore. You just take the 4 screws out of the brackets and replace with this style pin. When you want to remove it, lay under the cover and remove the pins and lift up the cover and move it towards the back of the truck. It can be a pain lining up the brackets to reinstall the first couple of times but its not a big deal.

· Registered
2011 Ridgeline
9 Posts
Would you know where to find this OEM factory bed cover?
I've looked on amazon and ebay, and no luck so far.
I read on another thread, that this could be match with the OEM bed extender and it works unlike the manual recommendation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.