Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a tonneau cover for my ridgeline. The most important thing I want is max storage underneath the cover, and second, keeping water out.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had the Rugged Cover on mine and what I like about it was the supports were bowed up so I had more height than most other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Schiffer99, I installed a Torza Premium soft cover back in August 2007 and have been happy with it since. Very little water gets in even during heavy rain parked or driving. The access and ability to fold it up or even remove it easily works for me when I need to put large items in. The folded cover fits in front of the rear seat on the floor if necessary . My original post is here ( page 6 of 8 ). http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/8-accessories/13214-torza-baby-6.html . Even though I had a small problem with the side rails not allowing the top / front cargo tie downs I have lived with it with no issues. Good Luck !

·
Registered
94 Posts
I also had the Torza Premier folding soft tonneau cover for about 4 years. I didn't like when snow would sit on it up by the rear window in the winter and the fact that the bed is deeper towards the cab so items would fit up there but not the other end.
A year ago I finally found a used Leer cap and swapped the tonneau plus $$ to the seller and have been overall happier.
I have about the same amount of water leakage with the Leer as I did with the tonneau. Trunk opens farter now. Rear visibility is definitely worse though.
I know you wanted a tonneau so the cap part might be irrelevant.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also had the Torza Premier folding soft tonneau cover for about 4 years. I didn't like when snow would sit on it up by the rear window in the winter and the fact that the bed is deeper towards the cab so items would fit up there but not the other end.
A year ago I finally found a used Leer cap and swapped the tonneau plus $$ to the seller and have been overall happier.
I have about the same amount of water leakage with the Leer as I did with the tonneau. Trunk opens farter now. Rear visibility is definitely worse though.
I know you wanted a tonneau so the cap part might be irrelevant.
Believe me I would love to get a cap, but unfortunately the only ones around these parts are new and are 2k plus installed... way above my price range.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm happy the factory cover. I was fortunate enough to find one last year at a dealer liquidating inventory.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went with the rugged tonneau. Installed easy (though the directions were worthless). Just took a long road trip and it did good as far keeping stuff underneath dry through some pretty good rains.

however, still wish there was more room. Anyone have any pointers on finding a cheaper camper shell :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts