Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the truck world and purchased my Ridgeline a couple of weeks ago. After looking at several tonneau cover options, I had an Extang Solid Form 2.0 installed. Originally, the place installed the rails backward and I had serious water leakage issues. They were very apologetic and fixed it. The seal is better, but I'm still noticing water leaking at the front two corners. My wife and I loosened the bolts and readjusted the cover (it was not on straight), however, with the melting snow, I'm still seeing water leaking at the front corners. Does anyone have any experience with this cover? Any tips or tricks or suggestions to get a better seal? I'm hoping this isn't something I don't just have to deal with. Thanks!

·
Registered
786 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you check the front corners of the bed you'll see two spots where there are seams where the bed liner comes together. I used some of the packing case foam to fill the seams when I first put on my cover. No leaks at all.
I had to remove the cover to move an air compressor and I replaced the cover using the same foam and it's not as waterproof. I haven't replaced the foam with new as the leaks aren't enough to bother me. I'm thinking new foam should make it waterproof again.

Give it a try. Any old foam rubber will do. Cut it slightly proud so the cover squishes it down.

Welcome to Ridgeland.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for your suggestions. It will be awesome learning and sharing with my fellow Ridgeliners. I did ordered some butyl and Xpel from Amazon and waited for a somewhat warm day during our polar vortex here in the Midwest to place it on the truck. It looked like I had a great seal. I was really excited to be dry. But was disappointed when the light snow melted and leaked in and the flood after a car wash.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thank you all for your suggestions. It will be awesome learning and sharing with my fellow Ridgeliners. I did ordered some butyl and Xpel from Amazon and waited for a somewhat warm day during our polar vortex here in the Midwest to place it on the truck. It looked like I had a great seal. I was really excited to be dry. But was disappointed when the light snow melted and leaked in and the flood after a car wash.
I suggest you try something else for butyl tape, when it's warm outside it melts and shifts and make a mess, it also drips out. I would try something else. I have a box of butyl sitting on my shelf. I bought some window weather strip from home depot, that I am going to I install once it warms up and remove the butyl tape.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
When I installed the OEM tonneau, I cut some backer rod and threw it in those spaces. Couldn't hurt I guess. If I ever remove it I'll just use some rope caulk. I know a tonneau will never be leak proof but having a barrier that isn't permanent was my goal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts