Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - we ordered our EX-L Navi (Green) at the end of July and promised delivery is end of this month. Still not sure about tonneau covers - any new thoughts on the RETRAX?? We are off on driving vacation Oct 6 and passing thru Grand Forks where we can get one installed for $899. I'm not that happy about the trunk lid not opening all the way with the Retrax. But really wanted a cover installed for this trip - Kenora Ontario to Oklahoma City. Retrax is the only one to respond to my enquiries so far. Thanks

·
Registered
774 Posts
I love my Retrax cover. The trunk opening is not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! Do a search for "Retrax" and read through the threads. I really like mine a lot. I do not miss the slight decrease in the amount that the trunk lid opens. With you being a new owner I am sure that you will not miss it either. A lot of ROC members have them installed now and I have not read anything that would indicate otherwise. If your installer does not put candle wax on the side rails, bring a chunk of an old candle with you. The wax really makes it operate very smoothly. Also, remember not to drag anything dirty across the surface of the cover. You are in for a great ride!

Once again, welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Hello Kenora!

I was just up there in May! Do you know of Sioux Narrows, Canada?

Not far from Kenora. My favorite place in the world.

Congrtas on your Green. Your going to love the ride, especially with the Nav.

Joe

·
Registered
205 Posts
Has anyone heard from, or tried that cover SWISHMAN was working on?
J&SKENORA said:
Hi - we ordered our EX-L Navi (Green) at the end of July and promised delivery is end of this month. Still not sure about tonneau covers - any new thoughts on the RETRAX?? We are off on driving vacation Oct 6 and passing thru Grand Forks where we can get one installed for $899. I'm not that happy about the trunk lid not opening all the way with the Retrax. But really wanted a cover installed for this trip - Kenora Ontario to Oklahoma City. Retrax is the only one to respond to my enquiries so far. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts