Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on Honda's updated website and I did not see the hard tonneau cover on the accesorries section when I was pricing one. Does anybody know if you can still get this as an accessory.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It is delayed. Honda says it should be shipping to dealers in a couple weeks. Suggested retail is $1,199.00

-Trevor
HandA-Accessories.com

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Any idea of how easy this cover will be to remove if one wants to haul something large? :confused:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Zero,

If you look at the installation insructions, it does not look too bad, except maybe the wieght. After all the rails are in, the cover seems to just lay on, and then held in place with 4 bolts into the rail brackets, so I guess remove the 4 bolts, and it will lift off.

zero said:
Any idea of how easy this cover will be to remove if one wants to haul something large? :confused:

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thanks for the response. I will have to check out those installation instructions.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I suspect that once you have it installed that you will not want to go through the trouble of removing it. I am looking for a better design. Search Google for Tonneau and there a lot of products out there for standard truck beds. The Ridgeline is different enough that I have not been able to find one that will work - yet. Pace-Edwards (pace-edwards.com) has a very nice unit but it will not work with the Ridgeline - yet. I spoke with several manufacturers and none of them had anything ready or presently in design but they were looking into it. Several indicated that they had received a lot of calls similar to mine. The more calls that they get the more likely that we are to have additional choices. I would buy one from Honda if I could put up with the limitations of their design. The installation instructions can be downloaded at www.collegehillshonda.com . You may want to contact http://www.handa-accessories.com. for purchase of the OEM product and/or additional information. If I find a decent roll-up unit I will buy it and post the results with comments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
I suspect that once you have it installed that you will not want to go through the trouble of removing it. I am looking for a better design. Search Google for Tonneau and there a lot of products out there for standard truck beds. The Ridgeline is different enough that I have not been able to find one that will work - yet. Pace-Edwards (pace-edwards.com) has a very nice unit but it will not work with the Ridgeline - yet. I spoke with several manufacturers and none of them had anything ready or presently in design but they were looking into it. Several indicated that they had received a lot of calls similar to mine. The more calls that they get the more likely that we are to have additional choices. I would buy one from Honda if I could put up with the limitations of their design. The installation instructions can be downloaded at www.collegehillshonda.com . You may want to contact http://www.handa-accessories.com. for purchase of the OEM product and/or additional information. If I find a decent roll-up unit I will buy it and post the results with comments.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Pace-Edwards will be making a roll-top cover for the Ridgeline. I received this email today:

Ed Brooks
<[email protected]>
9:20 am

With the side of the truck sweeping upwards toward the cab, and the trunk inside the bed opening next to the side of the bed, where our rails mount. We will not be able to put a cover on this truck. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Thank You

Ed Brooks
Technical Service Manager
1-800-338-3697
[email protected]

·
Registered
114 Posts
I saw the cover in person at my dealer...when you open the in-bed trunk, it HITS the cover--and yes, this is with the cover folded back towards the cab with the trunk exposed. Bad design. Would have to put rubber bumper stoppers on the hinge of the trunk to prevent hitting the cover. Bummer.

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I bought my tonneau cover when I picked up the truck on March 22. The sales person did not know they had one or how much it was. Anyway, I like having it. The installation instruction is 15 pages long. It cost about 1200.00 intalled and it took the dealer pretty much all day to install. I have removed it and aside from the weight (about a hundred pounds), it takes only four bolts and your wife to remove it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am on hold till I check this one out. They now have one for the Ridge, Production to begin 1st june. Have seen pic's of it on an other forum.
http://www.rolltopcover.com/
Ultra-HOG said:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the Honda cover, but hate it .... to lock it, you have to reach underneath each side with the tailgate open, and flip latches. Then, you have to enable the lock latch on the cover, then you have to really SLAM the tailgate to get it to engage. Really quite a dumb system for paying that much money for it! I was really expecting better from Honda on this.

The dealer had no clue how to install it ... they got it mostly right but I think the bolt heads should be behind the rail (inside of it) rather than the bolt heads just kind of sitting between the gap in the rail ... it took them 3 days to install it too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts