Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm New-Need Advice on a Tonneau Cover

Hi All,
I have been reading a lot of the threads about different Tonneau covers, I need to buy a good one that locks and a lot of you like the backflip2 do you know where I can purchase this cover for a decent price?

or can you recommend a different locking cover at a reasonable price?

I do appreciate everyone's help I am a new Ridgeline owner and love the truck!!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi,
I have an Extang which is quite similar to the bakflip, installed by my dealer in Canada. Not sure which is cheaper, but I can tell you the quality on the Extang is quite good. You also need to consider what to do about locking the tailgate. I have an electric locker installed at Honda dealer, that unlocks with the doors. Others are going the pop and lock method. Either way do some research and find whats best for you, good luck.:D

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Beantown,

We have a group buy for Pop & Lock going now. Click on the link below for more infor! :D

BTW, Welcome to the ROC!

·
Registered
564 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
with the rl, the lock and the tonneau are different issues:

* the only tonneau that secures the back gate is the oem tonneau. all other tonneaus secure themselves, but not the back gate.
* there are a variety of mechanisms for locking the back gate -- primarily the pop-n-lock and the dynolock.

i personally can tell you that the bakflip hd is a great cover and the pop-n-lock is easy to install and looks good. i'm interested in seeing the long-term durability of the pop-n-lock, but so far i'm pleased.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have the Torza Hard Hat premier Model #58901, tonneau cover.
I saw this (Torza) cover in the parking lot of my local grocery store and I thought it really looked sharp.

I have the bakflip -just know you can defeat it (and most covers) with a prying tool if you really want to - just want to manage your expectations when it comes to security. I do have an electric tailgate lock though, which I like. The bed is secure to lazy thieves and people just happening by that may help themselves. But if I said there were klondike bars under there, most could get to them! Anyhow, I got mine from realtruck, though I havent checked prices there in a while. It will likely pay to call them and ask for pricing.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Re: I'm New-Need Advice on a Tonneau Cover

Hi All,
I have been reading a lot of the threads about different Tonneau covers, I need to buy a good one that locks and a lot of you like the backflip2 do you know where I can purchase this cover for a decent price?
I don't know about the extang, but I sure do love my BakFlip HD.
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18565&page=4 which is part of this thread:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18565 Again, thanks larryb.

Anyway, I bought it at realtruck.com. There is a coupon code for 8% off that I found on the ROC, SJ912. Not sure if that will still work.

Just waiting for the Pop-n-Lock group buy to come through so that I can lock my tailgate. Don't forget to get yours. http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31297

·
Registered
19 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts