Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about ready to order a Peragon tonneau and was wondering how everyone seals bed seams on the front and both sides in the front. On Peragon's install instructions I saw no mention of doing this and from the size of the seam gaps I think they would be a major source of water intrusion. I'm not looking for perfection and am expecting a small amount of water at times. I've read almost every post for tonneau's and didn't see anything about this. The side gap looks reasonably easy to address with some foam weatherstripping but the front seam is very deep. Looking for some ideas, don't want to reinvent the wheel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the OEM hard cover and hadn't seen any water through several storms. Just when I thought I was safe. I bought 10 bags of horse feed and drove 20 minutes home. Confident I parked it outside in the storm and several hours later I went to unload. To my surprise, there was some water that seeped past the fold joints. Not a lot mind you, but each 50lb bad had a wet spots. Bummed me at first, but I think if I off loaded quicker I could have prevented some damage to the bags. Nothing is perfect, but the cover does a good job overall. I like the look too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am about ready to order a Peragon tonneau and was wondering how everyone seals bed seams on the front and both sides in the front. On Peragon's install instructions I saw no mention of doing this and from the size of the seam gaps I think they would be a major source of water intrusion. I'm not looking for perfection and am expecting a small amount of water at times. I've read almost every post for tonneau's and didn't see anything about this. The side gap looks reasonably easy to address with some foam weatherstripping but the front seam is very deep. Looking for some ideas, don't want to reinvent the wheel.
Its a great cover........I have minimal leaking under heavy rain in the front corners. I tried the foam that they supplied and its not a winner. I plan on getting some black caulking to fill in the cracks, or you could possibly use a second set of weather stripping before you install.

Hope it helps a bit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to HD today and purchased an inexpensive roll of black weatherstripping with an adhesive strip. I'm not looking for perfection just want to eliminate any obvious water leak sources. Appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In the super long aftermarket tonneau thread, there is discussion about this. One main recommendation is using butyl tape, it's like putty. It is very malleable and doesn't harden much. I went this route and also covered mine with some Xpel tape on top.
I did this too and it looks the best. I wish the tape stuck on better though. Got both items on amazon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Butyl tape sounds like the ticket, and the xpel tape over top looks fantastic. Nice job noside85 very neat the textured finish blends in very well. I think I'll scrap the foam tape route and go this way.

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
I will be performing this surgery on my G2 in a couple of days for my tonneau cover. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
I will be performing this surgery on my G2 in a couple of days for my tonneau cover. Thanks!!
I completed this project and the results were great. It would have been easier without the rails installed, but I think it will work out fine. Thank you for the idea!!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts