Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone have tonno pro trifolder bed cover? are they good as bed cover? their price is very attractive compare to others.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Probably not many if any, if you did any searches here.

Basically, it would be hard to compare them as to how well they are made unless you can see them side by side.

Can the basic trifolder be removed in a minute? Does it only weigh about 15 lbs?
This is the case with the Extang Trifecta.

How water resistant is it? Most all covers leak a little, usually near the front and only dribbles. Nothing that would seriously get the bed wet.

Great prices and they 'look' OK. Just some details missing like the experiences of owners here on the forum that collectively own just about every brand out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Probably not many if any, if you did any searches here.

Basically, it would be hard to compare them as to how well they are made unless you can see them side by side.

Can the basic trifolder be removed in a minute? Does it only weigh about 15 lbs?
This is the case with the Extang Trifecta.

How water resistant is it? Most all covers leak a little, usually near the front and only dribbles. Nothing that would seriously get the bed wet.

Great prices and they 'look' OK. Just some details missing like the experiences of owners here on the forum that collectively own just about every brand out there.
I really HATE when people post about products and have no idea what they are talking about. I have had 4 Tonno pro covers. I have also had one trifecta cover. The trifecta broke twice at the hinges. Now on to the pro cover.

I had one of these on a dodge, Chevy and ford. All good, solid, always opened and never a real issue. My only problem was that I forced the latch and broke it. My fault and they replaced it. No charge. The cover on my Ridgeline is even more sturdy, because it's smaller. Comes off in 3 minutes and installs just as fast. My friend actually has a picture of his f150 on they website. The cover has 70 inches of snow in it from our November storm and it's fine.

Also, some companies charge extra for the mounting brakets for the RL. Tonno pro includes them free.

So do what you want...... I know what I like. And no, I don't work for them.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
And I hate it when people make the wrong assumptions because they did not carefully read what I wrote .

I never said anything positive or negative about the Tonno Pro because until now I never read a review about them.

Your one post against 30 or 40 threads on the Extang Trifecta is not exactly a good sample. But I am glad you had such good luck with the Tonno and it may indeed be a great cover.
Most of us Extang owners have been equally pleased.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I needed a east reasonable price cover. And I stumbled along tonnopro and got there trifold cover and I have to say I love the thing... Tight seal on the top of the bed... Maybe had a little leakage the first week of use but that could be because I installed it on a cold day so the vinyl contracted a little and the cover didn't get a good seal... Then I just used a heat gun and heated it up a little around the edges and boom it was perfect... I really like the tonno brand cover... But its really your opinion on what you want to get... Just putting my experience with it!

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Spend a little more and consider Bak. I've heard nothing but good things about this tonno.
If you read enough threads you will. Not saying it is a bad cover, in fact it is one of the most popular ones around here, and I understand there have been more improvements.

There is no perfect cover for everyone, as it is based on your own needs and budget as you well stated on the other thread.

From all I've read most of the major brands are all good within a given price range.
They each have their own pluses and minuses but the differences are not huge at all. There is something out there for each owner. That can not be said about all accessories.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Been gone awhile, LOL

Have decided to spend the money and get a Bak G2. Anybody have anything bad about them. I have as of yet, heard nothing but good about them.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Any body out there with 2010 RL w/Bak G2? I want know if you loose the top tie down when you install a Bak G2?

SENT from: My KINDLE FIRE HD

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Rob, This is just me, but posting a question about the BAK G2, which I think your referring to the Bakflip G2 in a "Tonno Pro" discussion is most likely not going to get any comments.

If you use the "Search" in the blue bar you may find more threads related to your question.

Such as this thread on the Bakflip G2 Cracks, just a suggestion

Personally I've never had one. Good Luck

·
Registered
998 Posts
Carsmak, Thanks for pointing my mistake out nicely. Most people would have just blasted me. Appreciate the link.
Thanks again.

SENT from: My KINDLE FIRE HD

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did order one about a year ago now and have been very pleased with it. Yes, the price was very attractive at, I believe I paid about $250 total. It was pretty simple to install, maybe about an hour tops, taking my time and not rushing. Negatives, you lose the top rear bed hooks/loops by installing the rails and which is not a big deal to me, you lose some space in opening the trunk, but I believe its open enough for me to do what I need to. It's very easy to remove and put back when needed and overall, no complaints, good investment, makes the truck look good and out of sight, out of mind.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one for the $114.50 price. VERY much worth the price. I almost want to get another just to have a spare. Advertised as used, but it is definitely NEW! Easy install, rails and predrilled holes lined up perfectly for me despite the many negative reviews stating otherwise. Took about an hour of installation time. Could have taken less if I didn't clean all of the surfaces before putting things on. Very pleased.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts