Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on Ebay (for those still 'shopping' and contemplating...).

Wonder why the price is so low??

Ridgeline on Ebay

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Uh, because that's not the price? I bet the reserve is $30k or more. ;)Some no reserve auctions have had lower opening bids. Seller just cancels before close if bids are too low on a no reserve auction. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yep, what arteegee said is what's happening. The seller doesn't have to sell unless the reserve is met. However, if you're not a good negotiator (I'm terrible at it), here's something you can do. Find a Ridgeline on eBay that has no reserve, one that's low priced and that you'd seriously buy. Find out what your flight costs and milage costs would be to get it back to where you live (inlcude any other feels the eBay seller may charge). Take the information with you to your local dealer and see if they can come close. If not you can always place the eBay bid. Anyway, it worked for me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
meanmachine19 said:

Ridgeline on Ebay
Don't be fooled. The price isn't really low, there is a reserve set on this one. The reserve is probably invoice plus at least 500.

L

·
0 Posts
Godskid said:
Don't be fooled. The price isn't really low, there is a reserve set on this one. The reserve is probably invoice plus at least 500.
I can CONFIRM that as the dealership I worked in did it. :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
meanmachine19 said:

Ridgeline on Ebay
Because it is only a silver one. :D Now, if it was Blue...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts