Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
now if only H would run these dam commercials on tv, others might actually know WTH a ridgeline is...

i believe the toolbox was empty on the other guys tests, i didn't hear any rattling

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
I don't know. It seemed like a pretty wimpy drop to me. I wanted the see him get up on a 12-foot ladder and let it go from there. It also wasn't a very big toolbox and didn't seem very filled up with tools. Come on, Honda! You can do better than that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Even though it was a wimpy drop, he did have tools in it whereas on the Chevy commercial their toolbox was empty for both drops.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Even though it was a wimpy drop, he did have tools in it whereas on the Chevy commercial their toolbox was empty for both drops.
Yes, but the toolbox was much different in being a bit more heavy duty. With that said, I cannot see the other toolbox causing any more damage.

Yo Honda, run these commercials! Embarrass the competition. Oh wait, y'all do not listen to anyone outside of Honda.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I guess I will point out the obvious. the bed is only 17" in the new rl...not sure about the GM and FORD.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Thats one stupid video, its suppose to be a truck RL or anything else, they are made for things like this scratch, dent or not. Something like that I wouldnt be worryin about the box but my tool box. Just another candy coat for softies that dont what any battle scares in a box thats suppose to be used for that purpose, it has to look new forever. That has never happened in my 40 years of owning a truck anyway. How about showin how tall a cooler or can I fit a 5 gallon pail in their with a cover. Waiting for the piano drop off the 2 story building now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hope they don't put this one on TV. That was one wimpy toolbox and one wimpy drop. I was much more impressed with the rock drop.

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
The Ford is 21", I have no idea on the GM's.
The latest Chevy is 21 inches too. The 2017 Ridgeline isn't even truly 17 inches. It's 16 and change. I would have been perfectly happy with 18. The Tacoma just moved up to 19. But the truth is I'm getting used to it already.

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
I hope they don't put this one on TV. That was one wimpy toolbox and one wimpy drop. I was much more impressed with the rock drop.
Agreed. The very first one, the river stones, was the best one.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Thats one stupid video, its suppose to be a truck RL or anything else, they are made for things like this scratch, dent or not. Something like that I wouldnt be worryin about the box but my tool box. Just another candy coat for softies that dont what any battle scares in a box thats suppose to be used for that purpose, it has to look new forever. That has never happened in my 40 years of owning a truck anyway. How about showin how tall a cooler or can I fit a 5 gallon pail in their with a cover. Waiting for the piano drop off the 2 story building now.
Safe to assume that you haven't seen the Chevy version of this that Honda is mocking?

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Many things I put under the cover are close to 18" coolers and LP tanks. I have to put them up against the cab wall. Thats including my bed mat which is only 1/4" thick but I need it or things slide all over and the cover drops it down a bit to. Things are really getting to close for Honda to be makin things to the limit just for that 1/4 mile more MPGs. Its a frickin mid in its own class and the bigger trucks get just as good or close to it, is sales all about an extra mile now what about the rest of it. Any of you wonder about that extra maybe 3" length and maybe 1" narrower for that tight garage, just wonderin the difference will cause, that was one of the many haters beefs that I havent heard much of lately.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I don't know. It seemed like a pretty wimpy drop to me. I wanted the see him get up on a 12-foot ladder and let it go from there. It also wasn't a very big toolbox and didn't seem very filled up with tools. Come on, Honda! You can do better than that.
I'm not sure about a 12 ft ladder, but I agree that this was a missed opportunity to make a statement. I would have liked to have seen it start just the way it did and then have the Honda rep make some comment about how wimpy the test was and immediately climb up in the bed and viciously slam the toolbox against the bed doing as much damage to the toolbox as possible. "There, that's better."

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
What difference does it make,its a pu$$y take and all the Ford, Chevy, Dodge,Toyota and Nissan people will be all over it. You aint seen anything yet just wait till the truck gets out their.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
The GM rock drop was with MUCH larger stones and sharp angles. Apples and oranges. The toolbox drop was interesting, but still apples and oranges... why didn't they use the same toolbox?

I like the composite bed, but it has it's limits.

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
So if I'm understanding you correctly, something heavy with sharp edges could potentially be SMC's kryptonite?

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Which would put you in your mid to late 50s?

Riiiggghhhtttt
Your good, 58 if anyone whats to know but 58 is new 28 right :grin: that may put many new on here babies yet. Where are all these new RLs....havent been able to see one yet and goin to Montana, wish I could see and try one out or drive it there. Have many things to think about regarding a purchase soon if it fits. Dealer here is gettin 5, 3 sold 1 for demo 1 left dont no any trim levels on any.They said they would call as soon as they show up, nothin yet. Old steel blue is still rockin for me, lift and all, Happy Trails....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did you see the "2017 Honda Ridgeline Truck: Ridgeline Anatomy" ad on You Tube (published on Honda's You Tube channel 6/19/2016)?
Finally, an ad that compares the features of the Ridgeline against the "others". at 1min:44seconds, it is not a TV edit but could be with some rework and ... this would be exactly what forum members have long begged for...showcase the brilliant features to the public and make the case for the Ridgeline..it will blow the public's mind of what the product really has and how anemic the competition's offerings really are....

Here is the Link:

Honda...you slowly getting it! Now move this ad out the Honda YouTube channel (where Fanboys and people already in the know lurk) and put it where the truck buying public are who have no idea of many of the features and benefits...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts