Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recommendation for a tool box that will fit into the trunk of a G2 Ridgeline (2021 RTL-E)? I'm looking for something that nearly fills in the trunk from top to bottom, front to back (This seems to be roughly 16" x 16"). I don't want to fill it side to side, but I'd like something that I can place in the trunk and not waste space around it.

Just dumping tools among the dividers doesn't allow me to organize things so I can find what I need easily. A tool box also allows me to lift the contents out of the trunk if I need to.

I've been carrying mechanics tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, etc. of all sorts and sizes) in a pickup under a cap for 45 years or so. This is my first Ridgeline. It has a Honda stock tonneau cover. The tonneau cover is not waterproof, but the trunk seems to be reasonably safe from water so I can keep hand tools there. I keep most cordless and line-powered tools under the rear seat, and my carpentry/plumbing tools in covered plastic tubs in the bed. These, I can slide out if I have to.

I've seen a lot of posts for boxes that fit in the bed from side to side, but nothing for boxes for the trunk. So, has anyone found a tool box they like that would fit snugly (or close to it) in the trunk?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The box I used with my last truck (a Tacoma) is 12x12x24. It carried my tools OK, but I added some metric types of wrenches and sockets, torx screwdrivers and other items for Xmas. I can't close the toolbox now, so I figured this would be a good time to get a toolbox that's a more efficient fit (16x16x something).

I can just get my present toolbox off the ground, so I don't think it's over 100 pounds.

The good thing about my present toolbox is that it has a removable tray so my smaller, more frequently used tools are in the top tray and are separated in small sections in the tray. My longer and larger tools are in the bottom. Anything not in the toolbox right now sits in the leftover trunk space (my toolbelt, clamps, bag of Home Depot stuff, whatever I'm going to use the next day that I want handy, etc.). I can take the whole box out if I have to if I'm looking for something in the bottom of the box, which is why I'm avoiding dividers.

I could probably take some stuff out but I own two houses and three of my kids own houses, too, so I go from one house to the other doing whatever needs to be done. I told my sons and son-in-law they should consider themselves to be in a homeowner apprenticeship program because it won't be too long before I won't be able to work on my knees anymore. They're doing pretty well but in the meantime, I take most of my frequently-used tools everywhere 'cause you never know ....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.