Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are a couple of brochures and business card ideas that have been posted, but I wanted to show how I'm prepared to recruit new members when I see a Ridgeline on the road without a ROC decal.

Sheniferous posted/created the first ROC Brochure in July 05 where there were about 900 members. Steveberger stated that it could use an update since we exceeded 1000 and I jumped at the chance to tweak it. Now there are three versions of the brochure for you to print :)

ROC Brochure
Sheniferous Original Version - July 05
SixOpRidge Version - October 05
captmiddy version - October 05

I think it was Ladyridge & Truckin' who came up with the idea of ROC business/invite cards, but it was dbb who posted his creation which has the new Ridgeline Logo on the front (don't know if anything is on the back). Khanartist suggested an Official ROC business card and T Mac is looking into it. I think the logo is perfect for the front of a card and decided to add my two cents on the back to personalize it a bit. I've attached a photo of my brochure and business card that I have available in my RL when I need it.

ROC Business Card photo
dbb Original Version

I've printed a few brochures for my wife too. She works at the base shoppette (convenient mart) and said that she's seen a couple of Ridgeline's pass through. I suggested that she hand out a brochure if she sees another. She called me to tell me that she finally saw a Ridgeline owner pumping gas. She ran out to her Civic, grabbed a brochure, and handed it to the owner. He has a Silver RTS and has had it for a few months now. My wife was rambling on about the ROC forum and even mentioned the ROC @ The ROCK meet! :D The owner said he really enjoys his RL--drives like a car and is well made. He's looking for a cover (probably Leer/A.R.E. cap) as he mentioned about one coming out in Jan 06. This is our first possible recruit and the first time we actually handed out a brochure (wife gets the credit...wife=1, me=0). I'm hoping we'll add another new member from Bellevue, Nebraska to the ROC family!

Anyhow, I apologize in advance if I didn't credit the appropriate members for their ideas/creations.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Excellent update, SixOp. What did you print on the backside of the business cards? Is it possible for you to add a pdf file or is it such a personalized message that it wouldn't work for us to copy it? I want the business cards to include an explanatory invite, not just the club logo and URL.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ok, been trying to figure out how to print the brochure on one sheet front page and back page. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Unless you have a printer that has an automatic duplex that sends the paper from one tray for one side and then to another, you will have to do it the hard way.

Print side one, then put the paper back in your feeder tray and print side too. Look at your paper path so you can figure out if the first printed side goes up or down to print side two. You may waste one page and find that page two is printed on the same side or printed upside down, but once you figure out the orientation to reload the paper, you've got it made.

One more caution, and I have done mountains of this kind of tedious printing. You may want to hand feed the printed page one at a time. I've found that the already printed pages don't suck in as reliably one at a time and it really pisses me off to waste the paper and ink when several get sucked in and print erratically, ruining all the copies.

Is this what you were asking?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Great post! I've passed out a few of the original brochures already. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truckin' said:
Excellent update, SixOp. What did you print on the backside of the business cards? Is it possible for you to add a pdf file or is it such a personalized message that it wouldn't work for us to copy it? I want the business cards to include an explanatory invite, not just the club logo and URL.
Here's a pdf file as requested. I don't know if you can edit it for your own use, but I have in MS Word if you'd like. Let me know...tks! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Excellent! With the exception of your name, it says just what I'd like it to say. I don't have time to try modifying it tonight, but I might get a chance to work on it this next week.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Great I'll use it

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Truckin' said:
Unless you have a printer that has an automatic duplex that sends the paper from one tray for one side and then to another, you will have to do it the hard way.

Print side one, then put the paper back in your feeder tray and print side too. Look at your paper path so you can figure out if the first printed side goes up or down to print side two. You may waste one page and find that page two is printed on the same side or printed upside down, but once you figure out the orientation to reload the paper, you've got it made.

One more caution, and I have done mountains of this kind of tedious printing. You may want to hand feed the printed page one at a time. I've found that the already printed pages don't suck in as reliably one at a time and it really pisses me off to waste the paper and ink when several get sucked in and print erratically, ruining all the copies.

Is this what you were asking?
Yeh, exactly. Have to try this tonite. Thanks:)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
This is great! Very well done! Thanks to everyone for your contributions. I think that there needs to be one thread with the links to the various tools posted as a sticky. So that it is very easy to find the info, that post needs to remain at the top and moderators should be able to modify it as additions or changes happen. All members, especially new members, need to be reminded of the thread so that we all can help to promote the ROC and increase the membership.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thank you for the updated brochures. I keep meaning to print some out and have a handful in my truck. Perhaps after the Vikings-Packers game tonight!!

Go Vikes!!:) :mad: (If you are a Vikings fan, you will appreciate the double similies.)

·
Registered
119 Posts
FREE Tools to recruit new ROC members

Yes, it was my suggestion to have an official ROC 'business card'...something where I didn't have to pay for color ink on my dinky home printer; printing out and gluing the brochure; just wanted something simple to stick on someone's windshield.
I would be very willing to pay like $5.00 for a dozen+ ROC black/white business cards. ROC logo on one side...and a message on the other with the URL, and noting it is FREE to join the forum!
Something like this on the back of the card: A free on-line forum filled with official Ridgeline specs, information, and personal experiences from dedicated owners Honda's first truck; The Honda Ridgeline
I'm going to post the club TODAY on to CRAIGSLIST.ORG ...a very popular site here in the Bay Area...and ask they mention "CL" if they join "ROC".

May I suggest current ROC members in other states do the same? There is a Craigslist for every state and almost every city....
You can post free under the following categories: Community/Groups/and not sure about Cars/Trucks (for sale)...but you can try.
Happy Thanksgiving all....
After work, I'm going to put a note in the mail box of home I pass by on the way to the train...and see if I can't get them to join the club.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Re: FREE Tools to recruit new ROC members

kahnartist said:
I would be very willing to pay like $5.00 for a dozen+ ROC black/white business cards.
I'm surprised that you have a dinky home printer. Didn't you say that you are a Graphic Artist by trade? I thought you'd be one of the club members that would just whip up some business cards on your own.

Good luck on your recruiting efforts. It would be great to connect to CraigsList.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Truckin
I am a professional graphic artist...and all the good equipment is at work-A large Fortune 500 company who has the big bucks for our large in-house Advertising department.
Definitely not wanting to get terminated printing out ROC brochures on our 4-color company printers LOL!!!
A good 4 color laser printer for a Mac starts at about $350+ (if you found it on sale), plus the re-occuring ink costs, etc. Mac stuff costs wayyyy more than the PC (cause we use Adobe fonts--vs TrueType--and are paying for licensing, etc.
I don't do freelance work much, hence the cheap-o printer at home. I'll go to Kinko's when I need good prints for clients.

I just posted my ideas/thoughts on a ROC business card (PDF included) on the original thread. I created the card in QuarkXpress, and used a helvetica condensed font to cram in more info.
The back is more of an open invite...to all new members stating the obvious about the club: It is one of the largest on the net/It is FREE/not sanctioned by Honda/created by Ridgeline enthusiast/blah, blah blah.
Feel free to view/steal/create.
I'll wait for the 'official card' to be created by TMac and hopefully be first to buy some to hand out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Steal this copy to recruit new members

Sorry for the 2nd re-post...but I wanted to copy/paste my CRAIGSLIST copy so all of you can read n steal if you feel so inclined.
I happen to be in 'Advertising' and do a bit of copywriting here and there.
I thought I posted some good benefits/features of the ROC forum as a way to entice people to join our site (on the Bay Area Craigslist only).
Feel free to copy/steal/cut-n-paste to other internet sites as a way to find new members.
NOTE: I did manage to post in the cars/truck/BUY area...but their servers have gotten very smart. You cannot post the same title anywhere else on the site...to reduce redundant posting.
I am also cutting/pasting my idea for the ROC business card...most of it stolen from my Craigslist posting.
Enjoy all and let the new ROC members arrive!!!
Craigslist post:
HONDA RIDGELINE OWNERS GROUP...Bay Area and beyond.... (san jose west)
Are you a Honda Ridgeline owner? Thinking of buying but not yet sure? Have questions you don't want to ask the dealer??? Ask those who own a Honda Ridgeline!
I'd like to invite you to join the ROC--RidgelineOwnersClub...one of the largest (and FREE) on-line forums 100% dedicated to the new Honda Ridgeline truck.
This site is one of the largest Honda Ridgeline groups on the 'net; with hundreds of posts by the owners who own them and drive them. Free information at your fingertips, and very helpful members that want to get you into your own Honda Ridgeline.
This is NOT a Honda-sponsored site, but a site developed by a Ridgeline enthusiast; and has morphed into a place for sharing information, pricing, specs, installing accessories, (and then some) on Honda's newest truck.
Joining is FREE-simply sign up!
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/
PLEASE STATE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE GROUP VIA CRAIGSLIST when you sign in--in your introduction!
Ridgeline business card idea copy:The Honda Ridgeline Owners Club (www.ridgelineouwnersclub.com) is one of the largest dedicated Honda Ridgeline groups on the Internet.
It is a FREE forum; developed and created by a Ridgeline
enthusiast, and open to anyone with an interest in Honda’s
newest truck: The Ridgeline.
Log on today and reap the rewards of free membership.
Truck specs, pricing, accessory information, sponsors/dealers, and so much more. Lots of free information from folks who own and drive Honda Ridgelines.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
What you've put together for CL would make me want to check out the ROC. You've hit it on the head.

I understand completely what you say about Macs and the programs and peripherals. I'm a Mac owner too. I had Quark on my pre-OS X computer, but I don't have it anymore. I never had any training in it, but I taught myself to use it for the things I needed it to do. I sure miss it. It's that darn price tag that keeps me from getting it since I am not in the computer or graphics industry.

SixOp has a pdf of his design, which is very nice and will print out onto card stock. Maybe we can talk him into posting the same design minus his username so that it's a generic card for the rest of us.

I've been whining about business cards for a while. I don't know how close T-Mac is to completing this project. In the meantime, I could have handed out a few of the cards.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Funny, I've got Macs and the printers are pretty much the same for both Mac & PC, so don't know what the issue is. I have a (Xerox) Tektronix Phaser 8400DP for home/home business - prints color, duplex etc - and works with my Macs as well as or better than w/ my PC. I totally agree about the upgrade costs from OS 9 to OS X - they really hit us w/ that one. Makes it nice to print the ROC brochure on one piece w/ the printer handeling all the paper handeling. Can you email me the Quark File? I'd love to use it. Thanks -

-ridgeln

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Not sure if anyone is maintaining this thread but the link to the brochure I made is incorrect, it has the version without the fonts built in, it works okay on acrobat reader but not on other readers. Here is a link for the brochure on my web site.
http://midnight.moulen.org/Ridgeline_Brochure.pdf

·
Registered
11 Posts
This Is A Great Idea

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts