Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having both Metric and Imperial sockets along with the appropriate 3/8" drives makes disasembly of most mechanical products easy.

However am old school and have not encountered these Torx heads previously. Whem I purchased my new Ridgeline in the autumn of 2011 was the first time I had seen Torx used extensively!

So my question is how does one determine what Torx are required? For example the fastening fixtures in the rear bed are all Torx; in the days past one would grab a socket and see if it fit the head; not so with Torx.
My question is what Torx devices are required (size and type etc.) to work on the Ridgeline?

I should add had an excellent good shadetree mechanice (he could and did repair anything) when the amateur radio antenna rack was installed between the rear upper tie-down brackets three years ago. Sadly he is has passed and his entire workshop was sold at auction.

So now need to do some maintenance on same; and the part that stymies me are the Torx fastening devices? Suggestions anybody?

· Registered
1,162 Posts
Not to complicate things, but there is TORX, tamperproof TORX, and TORX plus.

I am not aware of any thing you would need the tamperproof for and I am 99% sure there is no TORX plus on Hondas.

If you look at them enough you can just look and know what size it is. Otherwise, stick it in there and see if it fits. T-30, T-20, T-15 seem to be most popular. Some times T-25, and T-10.
You can get a set of TORX sockets, or drivers, or packs. You can spend $10.99 or $250.00. Tools much like anything else, nine times out of ten you get what you pay for.

If you need any more help met me know. I have A LOT of tools.

· Registered
1,361 Posts
I will add, until you get used to using the Torx, when you think you have the correct size, try the next smaller and the next larger to be sure they don't actually fit better than your initial selection. I have made that mistake more than once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.