Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to do a rear brake job. I didn’t notice until the telltale grind from the right rear so I figure I might as well go for new rotors. Should I just stroll in to AdvanceAuto and take what they push across the counter or is there name brand that would give better stopping or wear? Mostly city driving and short trips. Would like an upgrade (pads, rotors accessory parts) beyond what’s at the parts store without spending Honda OE bucks

I’ve never done the brakes on the Ridgeline, but it seems pretty straight forward. I have done them on my 2000 Mazda MPV. Any pointers would be appreciated. Looks like it’s a little too tight to get me new impact wrench back there so I’m stopping by harbor freight for a breaker bar.

2014 Ridge SE
Thanks in advance for the advice

·
Registered
485 Posts
I upgraded to EBC green stuff pads on stock rotors and noticed an immediate difference over stock.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,908 Posts
If you go to a pad / rotor combo with significantly different braking characteristics than stock then you should do all four corners at the same time. Take a look at my brake upgrade project if you like . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.