Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through the 2G thread and do not see anything on tow mirrors. Looking for recommendation on tow mirrors. Anyone have ideas/opinions? I tried one set, from a friend, that are universal and mounted via rubber straps but was not impressed. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
The optional driverside wide view mirror works better than the standard mirror but only marginally. There is little to nothing but universal mirrors for the Ridgeline. An Amazon search for Ridgeline tow mirrors brought up lots for mirrors for other vehicles. Good luck and please post what you find here.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The optional driverside wide view mirror works better than the standard mirror but only marginally.
FWIW / IMO / IME the Honda optional accessory mirror is of no benefit as a 'towing' mirror - while it marginally fills-in the view to the side (a view which can be got by moving your head) it does not improve visibility around a 'wide' trailer which is the typical 'towing challenge'. BTDT, tried and then sold the accessory mirror myself (went back to the OEM mirror glass).

IME the only solution to the 'wide trailer challenge' is a mirror that's located physically farther outboard than OEM and I agree there's not much (any?) info on those here specific to the RL.

Ditto on your closing comment to the OP:
Good luck and please post what you find here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looking through the 2G thread and do not see anything on tow mirrors. Looking for recommendation on tow mirrors. Anyone have ideas/opinions? I tried one set, from a friend, that are universal and mounted via rubber straps but was not impressed. Thanks.
I have used these now for over 10 years now with zero problems. They are easy to install and remove, they don't move during travel and zero vibrations.

There is a larger version that truck guys tend to use. I find the ones I have good enough. Personal choice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rear cameras are great, we have one on our trailer, came with it when we bought it. Use it all the time when backing into a spot at a camp site or if I need to back up and the wife isn't with me.

I still wouldn't tow travel trailer without extension mirrors though. There are still blind spots down both sides of the trailer. Just this summer we had a close call when a guy towing a travel trailer with a Durango cut us off and sure enough didn't have tow mirrors on when we caught up to him a rest stop. He stated he never saw us as he changed lanes and he was ahead of us. It has happened a number of times in the years we have been towing an RV.

Also if maneuvering in tight spots, roads, etc., can't see the down the side with a camera on the space you have.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used these now for over 10 years now with zero problems. They are easy to install and remove, they don't move during travel and zero vibrations.

There is a larger version that truck guys tend to use. I find the ones I have good enough. Personal choice.

I have a set of these sitting in my garage. Used about four times.

Located in SC close to NC line (Charlotte) but will sell them and ship them for $55.00

·
Registered
348 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts