Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am just wondering how many people tow a travel trailer of any sort (Hybrid, traditional travel trailer, Pop up) with a Weight Distribution System and/or Sway control? Regardless of what you tow with please discuss your experience towing, how fast you were going, head winds, cross winds, what you use and why, etc... How much sway were you getting with you travel trailer.

I'll post some pictures later.:smile:

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have a r pod 171. i use the sway bar.works great. camper weighs 2400.i figure im right around 3k when i go to races with mx bike in truck. cruises right on down the road.:act035:

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
671 Posts
I tow a 3200 lb trail manor pop up with no WDH or sway bars and havent had any trouble. Mostly around MN but I did take it to Jersey last summer and am going again next month. No sway issues and only a bit of sag. I try to keep it at 65, no more than 70. Before this I towed a Coleman pop up in Alaska and had no problems with no WDH or sway bars. There was a couple of mountains i did wish i had trailer brakes for though. The TM does have brakes though.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,434 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
When I had my Ridge I towed a 24 foot/ 5000# (loaded) HiLo; I used a weight dist. hitch with a sway bar. The Ridge (and trailer) behaved well but... I eventually got tired of listening to the high revs required to motor on down the highway. That led to my first F250.

Note: my trailer tires had a restriction of 65 MPH so that's what I lived with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We tow a Trailmanor 2720 weighing around 3500 lbs. losded with our Ridgeline RTS and have gone on many trips including a 9 week jaunt to Alaska with no WDH and no sway bar in numerous wind conditions including some pretty severe! No problems. We live in CO so that includes a fair amount of mountains in our travels. We have never had a concern with the Ridgeline and its capabilities to tow the Trailmanor!! I think the lower profile and design of the Trailmanor helps some but, the Ridgeline does a great job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts