Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 RL AWD towing capacity is about 5K. Wondering if anyone has RV recommendations. I’m shopping for largest RV the truck can handle safely. Anybody know of anything in the 21-24 ft range?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
I've been looking at getting an Escape 21 for the last couple of years. Used ones go very quickly but that is a good thing for ownership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at getting an Escape 21 for the last couple of years. Used ones go very quickly but that is a good thing for ownership.

Yeah I’ve considered that one myself as well as their 5th wheel. I’ve been checking out RVs on YouTube quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,602 Posts
GVWR is 7000 lbs. Over the limit isn't it?
That is the max safe handling weight of the trailer. That does not mean you pull 7000lbs.
A G2 with even 5 people (150lbs each with 15lbs cargo each) inside, can tow a max of 4500lbs with the tongue load at 495lbs. (PG 420).
Dry weight is at 3010lbs, so you would have to pack it with around 1400lbs of stuff and safely pull.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Look at a trailmanor 2720 or 2922.3kish and lots of room.
So the top half kinda sits on the lower half, then pops up? Any idea if that's difficult to set up/take down or if doing so causes other complications?

I know nothing about RVs, but we are thinking about something a little "down the road" (no pun intended).

·
Registered
660 Posts
So the top half kinda sits on the lower half, then pops up? Any idea if that's difficult to set up/take down or if doing so causes other complications?

I know nothing about RVs, but we are thinking about something a little "down the road" (no pun intended).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts