Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
To quote from Honda's own site:

"Tow Ready
The Ridgeline takes towing seriously. To start with, it has a 5-speed automatic transmission that's specially geared for this purpose. There's also a standard high capacity radiator with dual 160-watt fans, a heavy-duty power steering cooler, a high-capacity ATF cooler, and it's pre-wired for a trailer connection (4-/7-Pin). Large brake rotors at all four wheels and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) ensure quick and deliberate stops when it matters most."

That doesn't answer your question about true towing capacity, however. Anyone? Lou?? Robyn??

·
Registered
5 Posts
medick said:
Anyone have any idea about towing capacity??
Can it handle a mid-size camper?
Towing capacity 5000
Tougue weight 600
Bed capacity 1100
Gross Vehicle Weight of Ridgeline 6050
Combined Gross Vehicle Weight 10085
Tailgate capacity 300
Tie down cleats 350 each

Honda stated at their Ride & Drive "The first thing you need to know is, How much does your trailer weight? Then break down everything to Combined Gross Vehicle Weight." Any other questions please let me know and I will get my note book Honda gave me to understand the complete break down of people, cargo, and towing capacities. And yes it is ready to tow, just add tow hitch and wiring, much cheaper than Pilot or Odyssey.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Definitely much cheaper than the Ody. I had the tow package installed (just in case) and it took 3 days for the dealer to do it. Luckily, they didn't charge me 3 days worth of labor. The power steering coolers and the transmission coolers had to be installed along with the hitch and wiring. The Ridgeline comes with everything all ready to go except the trailer hitch.

·
ROC Dealer Sponsor
8 Posts
Cowen is absolutely correct! ;) Towing capacity is 5,000 pounds.
The combined GCWR -gross combined weight rating-That means the maximum allowable weight of a vehicle loaded or unloaded combined with the maximum allowable weight of a trailer loaded or unloaded. The total WEIGHT allowed is 10,085 pounds. The Ridgeline's total curb weight is 4,498 that includes fuel, coolants,lubricants,tools,spare tire and standard equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts