Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Ridgeline Saturday and couldn't wait to see how it towed my boat. It did great! Tracked perfect, camera works great to line up the ball I couldn't be happier knowing I can drive this in comfort, slide right in and not feel like I am in a boat itself! I am probably fairly close in the weight of all including a full tank and gear at about 2450 lbs and my tongue weight is 375 lbs.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome to ROC

Enjoy your new ride.... get lots of fish!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Nice. I just used mine for my waverunner for the first time last Sunday. I've got a lot to learn about backing a trailer down the boat ramp. But I have friends who have been boat owners for 25, up to 30 years and they all tell me the pwc trailer is a PITA compared to a boat trailer. They say they can back the boat trailer down the ramp much easier than the smaller PWC trailer. The small trailer requires them much more effort so I didn't feel as bad. The boat ramp I use, man there were some very aggressive people launching their boats. I had to go back up the ramp a few times to straighten it out and my trailer kept going sideways as I backed down. The lake was a glorious break from the pandemic however. The 250 HP waverunner ripped skin off my hands and I had gloves on.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,792 Posts
I have friends who have been boat owners for 25, up to 30 years and they all tell me the pwc trailer is a PITA compared to a boat trailer.
Yep, the axle being so close to the ball compared to a 'real boat trailer' makes 'em super-sensitive to alignment when backing (characteristic common to all short trailers). Backing straight with my 8' utility is a bear compared to my 16' utility and 17' travel trailer ..... and a long boat trailer with the axle closer to the rear like the OP's would be a dream to back straight compared to any of mine!

That is a nice looking rig @sledz! Congrats, Happy Ridgeline-ing, and Happy Fishing!

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
The trailer backing up learning curve is very steep and definitely a degradable skill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts