Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready ready to tow a four winds lite pull behind. About 4000 lbs. I have level bars but the Ridgeline manual says not to use them. Does anybody have experience with this?thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
They key word is "not advised". If it set up correctly its all good. Call E-Trailer and have all your info in hand on trailer tongue weight(fully loaded ready to travel), trailer weight, and tow hitch max capacity.
Your trucks trailer hitch must be weight distribution approved. There should be a sticker on the hitch that has the info. Happy trails.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
They key word is "not advised". If it set up correctly its all good. Call E-Trailer and have all your info in hand on trailer tongue weight(fully loaded ready to travel), trailer weight, and tow hitch max capacity.
Your trucks trailer hitch must be weight distribution approved. There should be a sticker on the hitch that has the info. Happy trails.
Very important: also have the maximum axle capacities and know how much weight can be added on top of how you'll normally load it. The bars will shift some weight from rear to front axles.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
You'll be happy you have a weight distributing hitch. It makes thins SO much more stable back there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
FWIW...I had the weight distribution hitch on the Odyssey for a ~3500 gross weight travel trailer. Made a huge difference (the rear suspension in the van was NOT built for towing).

Changed to the RL - didn't bother with the weight distribution, and I feel MUCH more comfortable with it as the tow vehicle. Truck doesn't squat much at all, (even when SWMBO loads stuff into the front of the trailer and pushes the tongue weight up). I haven't noticed any significant sway, but I haven't gone more than a few hundred miles at a time since we switched to the truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 Ridgeline and looking at purchasing a 23 ft travel trailer. I just sold my 19 ft trailer but am concerned about my towing max. The dryweight on the 23 ft trailer is 3,257lbs. The GVWR is 5,921 lbs. Hitch weight is 321 lbs. Ridgeline would have 2 adult passengers and two kids under 3yr, plus some load in the back of the truck. I never haul water/wastewater long distances so I wouldn't include any tank weight. Dry weight indicates I have lots of room, however GVWR suggests I am well over my 5,000 lbs. Any feedback would be appreciated. This is my third Ridgeline so really want to hang onto it, but it is really limited in what it can two and a 19' trailer doesn't cut it with a family of four!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts