Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Been visiting since I got my Ridge 2 years ago, now for my second post!

As stated, I've had my Ridgeline 2 years ago - and it has been a solid performing truck. I purchased it with 65k miles on it, for a 2006 was a lucky find! I just rolled over 100k, and it has had the timing belt changed and maintenance performed. My question is, is this truck the right truck to pull my 'new' camper - a 2018 Keystone 239ML. The camper dry is 4150'ish pounds, and we can pack relatively light - but regardless it's going to be pushing close to the 5k towing limit.

That said, I bought the camper with intensions to pull the rig with this truck - but we have had some other situations arise and now the wife needs a new vehicle. Currently, she has a minivan - but my contemplation is whether we upgrade her to a larger SUV with more tow power, and then sell the Ridgeline for a small gas efficient vehicle for me... OR, keep the ridge and get her an upgraded minivan.

Being it's a 2006, I've read quite a lot of posts on here about some of the optimizations that the newer years have -- mileage and otherwise, and can't come to the right decision on my own! Would anyone mind chiming on my situation and let me know your thoughts? Again, I know tons of users on here have pulled at the 5k limit no problem - and we don't intend to tow long distances. At least not often, maybe Disney (from Ohio) in a couple years? Otherwise, most destinations are going to be within 300 miles of home.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hills would be the greatest concern. You’ve got the trailer and the RL. Why not go drag it up the largest hill you can find and see what you think.

I think anyone with a G1 that sells it is going to regret it. They are iconic, great vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking time to respond @mnowaczyk. I took it out last night for an hour drive to a somewhat local scale to get the rig weighed and test it on some hills etc. IMO it did really well. At first it seemed to be a bit sporadic on its gear ratios - but after driving for a while, it honestly appeared to 'settle in'. I'm not sure exactly what I was getting mileage-wise, but I'm sure it was around the typical 10mpg.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,742 Posts
Be sure to use Premium when on your actual trips, some even put it in before to "Prep" the system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.