Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL AWD Silver
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trailer equipment includes an adjustable height trailer hitch and a Curt friction control sway bar. I am delighted to report that the Ridgeline pulled our 3,300 lb. r-pod trailer through the high winds of TS Delta. We were on US-50 and I-95 and I didn’t experience any excessive swaying from the high cross winds.

This combo is working well for us on interstates and on the twisty roads of the Blueridge Parkway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My trailer equipment includes an adjustable height trailer hitch and a Curt friction control sway bar. I am delighted to report that the Ridgeline pulled our 3,300 lb. r-pod trailer through the high winds of TS Delta. We were on US-50 and I-95 and I didn’t experience any excessive swaying from the high cross winds.

This combo is working well for us on interstates and on the twisty roads of the Blueridge Parkway.
View attachment 406622 View attachment 406623
Nice rig!. Did you have any issues with the transmission overheating while towing? We are anxiously awaiting the delivery of an Escape 17b trailer that will be approximately 3,000 lbs.

·
Registered
2019 RTL AWD Silver
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice rig!. Did you have any issues with the transmission overheating while towing? We are anxiously awaiting the delivery of an Escape 17b trailer that will be approximately 3,000 lbs.
No Sir, no overheating issues. We did a 4 day July trip through VA and NC in the Appalachia, no problems with the tranny temps even on 95 degree days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my 3rd Ridgeline and 2nd travel trailer, with lots of mountains to traverse here in Oregon I have never experienced transmission problems with any of my Ridgelines. First travel trailer was a Takina 22’, I now have a Lance 1475 which is listed at 20’.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No Sir, no overheating issues. We did a 4 day July trip through VA and NC in the Appalachia, no problems with the tranny temps even on 95 degree days.
Good to know. There has been a few posts regarding overheating transmissions while towing. I feel better now, since you were traveling near me in the Blue Ridge & southern highlands. We live in NW SC and tend to travel western NC & SW VA frequently.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my 3rd Ridgeline and 2nd travel trailer, with lots of mountains to traverse here in Oregon I have never experienced transmission problems with any of my Ridgelines. First travel trailer was a Takina 22’, I now have a Lance 1475 which is listed at 20’. View attachment 406648
Looks Like a 2020 Ridgeline, like ours. Sold our '18 GMC Canyon to buy the Ridgeline. Only had it a few weeks, but loving it so far. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any particular campgrounds, stops, activities you recommend?
I'm planning a trip to the area next year.
The SC State Park campgrounds are nice & reasonable.
The Blue Ridge Parkway.....cannot recommend enough & it's free. Commercial vehicles not allowed. Many camping options. Blue Ridge Parkway Home - Blue Ridge Parkway
The Cherohala Skyway
Nantahala Outdoor Center for rafting/kayaking
Bryson City, NC
Asheville, NC
Mt. Mitchell, NC
Linville Falls, NC
Chateau Morrisette, Floyd Va.....vineyard next to Blue Ridge parkway
Mabry Mill, Blue Ridge Pkwy
Peaks of Otter, Bedford Va....Lodging & restaurant on Blue Ridge parkway
Poplar Forest, Lynchburg Va....Jefferson's summer home
Monticello, Charlottesville Va
Appomattox, Va
Skyline Drive....fee
Shenandoah Valley......Rt.11, NOT I-81.

These are some our our favorite places. We are partial to the Blue Ridge Mtns.

·
Registered
2011 RTL w/Nav
294 Posts
On my 3rd Ridgeline and 2nd travel trailer, with lots of mountains to traverse here in Oregon I have never experienced transmission problems with any of my Ridgelines. First travel trailer was a Takina 22’, I now have a Lance 1475 which is listed at 20’. View attachment 406648
Hey Tracker, how do you like the Lance 1475? I am considering both the Lance 1475 and 1575. I'm interested in Lance trailers primarily because they (can) provide good 4-season capabilities and are reported to be very well built.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts