Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a 2007 Honda Ridgeline for some time now and love it.
we just purchased a Forest River Hybrid Surveyor 19ft with unloaded vehicle weight of 3680 lbs. Any one tow anything larger or shall we be fine towing it and usually about how much added weight do you add. We don't own dirt bikes just reg bikes and it would be just the nescesaties

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
There are a lot of discussions of towing on the forum/ I'd suggest doing a search you will find a lot of valuable information.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,434 Posts
You're well within your RL's limits. What kind of terrain do you see yourself traversing with this trailer? The answer to that question will dictate how much extra stuff you can load in you trailer or put in your truck.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
we just purchased a Forest River Hybrid Surveyor 19ft with unloaded vehicle weight of 3680 lbs. Any one tow anything larger or shall we be fine towing it and usually about how much added weight do you add. We don't own dirt bikes just reg bikes and it would be just the nescesaties
And just load it to what you feel you need, spend the $ and take it to a scale. If it was me I'd try to keep it at 4500, giving yourself a minor buffer. Also keep in mind, the freshwater tank alone can add nearly 400# to your load, and all three tanks 1/2 full are nearly 500#

Best of luck, and Enjoy the Ride.

Once your all hooked up and out on the road, don't forget to post some pics of your adventures.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am amazed how well the RL can tow. I have never towed in my life before last year purchasing a boat. It is a 20ft sport boat and weight of boat and trailer and gear are pushing 4000lbs. Just took a 150 mile trip to the lake over the weekend and averaged 14.5mpg. This was all highway driving and between 60-70mph the entire trip. No issues at all and most the time I don't even remember it is there. Bumps you can feel it a little bit and up inclines it will down shift and rev a little higher, but other than that I love it.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Towing at or near the limit on flat or slightly rolling roads is one thing. Hit the mountains and you'll know what the fuss is about. I just towed form LI to NC and that engine worked. When we hit the Blue Ridge Mt's in south western Virginia I was seeing 4000rpm's more then I would have liked. At times I was at 5000 on some steep entrances. The Truck handled well but I won't do that again

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,434 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a 07 and tow a Rockwood Mini Lite 21 foot (3775 lbs empty). My best guess is loaded for a trip brings it easily up to 4000 lbs plus kayaks, bikes, and stuff and people in the truck.

Last August (2015) heading to the Northern Kingdom of Vermont, mostly up hill I got 8.5 mpg and the truck worked. Coming home was mostly downhill and got 10.5 mpg.

Towing I won't win any races that's for sure, but it does tow it easily. And there's a G2 Ridgeline in my very near future too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts