Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are tons of threads on tires, but I haven't seen much on the ST II's. I have 20" XD Monsters coming in tomorrow and need to make a quick decision. There were a fair amount of negative review on the orginall ST's but they supposedly addressed the noise issues in the ST 2's. In general I'm looking for an all-season tire that is descent in the snow. I've had a good experience with the Michellin LTX M/S but they don't come in 265/50/r20. I drive mainly highway so i don't need a serious off-road tire.

Also considering:
Hankook Ventus ST
Toyo Versado
Toyo Open Country HT

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
can't comment on the Toyo Open Country H/T, but I have the Toyo Open Country A/T and absolutely love them! Not very loud at all, so I will assume the H/T will be incredibly smooth & quiet!:act035:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. Tough to really understand tire reviews from other sites as you don't know what truck the wheels were on. How are your Toyos in the snow.

·
Registered
766 Posts
As a Florida boy, I can't comment on snow ability but I can tell you I am very happy with my Hankook Ventus RH07s. Dunno about the STs as I haven't shopped for tires in over 18 months, but the RH07s have been great. One thing I always look for in a tire is a built-in rim guard. It keeps my wife from curbing my rims :act029:. I have had Toyo Proxies ST on a previous truck, but I have had better wear and handling with the Hankooks (neither have had any noise issues, at least in my experience). Here is a link to a couple of pics when I first got them:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31916

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
thanks for the reply. Tough to really understand tire reviews from other sites as you don't know what truck the wheels were on. How are your Toyos in the snow.
The AWD makes them handle good, but certainly not as good as a true Winter Tire!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts