Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew a tire with 2300 miles on my Ridge....yeah that s_cked. :(

Anyways, I got the exact same tire/size and for a replacement. Since then my TPMS light keeps coming on after driving it for 10-15 mins.

My 'purchase' dealership is some 3 hrs away. Anybody know how I can trouble shoot this issue. I have confirmed the tire pressure is the same.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
You could rotate your tires and see if the TPMS moves with the tire or stays at the same wheel. If it moves, then your TPMS was probably damaged. They're available online for around $17 and your local tire place can pull your tire for you to replace it (or they could probably do it for you).

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
swampler said:
You could rotate your tires and see if the TPMS moves with the tire or stays at the same wheel. If it moves, then your TPMS was probably damaged. They're available online for around $17 and your local tire place can pull your tire for you to replace it (or they could probably do it for you).
Great solutions Swampi! I was thinking the same thing. Our left side rear TPMS lit up while we were in the mountains and my tire gage read 26.5psi. I pulled the 12volt compressor out of the trunk and pumped her back to 34.0psi. and have not had further issues. I was just wondering what made the pressure drop.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ditto to what Swampler said. You can take the Ridge to any Honda dealer and since it is under warranty they must take care of it (assuming you have one closer than three hours). Good luck, and please let us know what happens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I now understand there is a reset button that can be pushed when a tire is replaced. Anybody know where it is?

The local Honda dealer said to bring it in and of course they will charge me!!! They will do that because I got a flat tire so it's not under warranty.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
That is a Dealer choice to charge for anything not covered if they want, but if it was the dealer you bought the Ridgeline from, a reset of an indicator would probably be considered a good will gesture and you would probably come back and generate more valuable business down the line if they did it for free. Its amazing how little people know about running a service company these days.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My wife lost one of the keys to my CRV (RL predecessor). Here comes a trip to the Service Department to get a replacement. The manager was supposed to charge me for the key and a separate charge to program it which was almost as much as the key, but he did it for free.

Maybe try calling back and talking to someone different. This will take them 10 seconds and you never know the sensor may have been damaged and needs replacement.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Are you sure there is a reset button? After all, the TPMS light comes on when the air pressure is too low in a tire but goes off when the pressure is raised above the minimum psi without having to be reset. Is there the possibility that your sensor was damaged when the tire went flat?

·
Registered
8 Posts
joe vt said:
I blew a tire with 2300 miles on my Ridge....yeah that s_cked. :(

Anyways, I got the exact same tire/size and for a replacement. Since then my TPMS light keeps coming on after driving it for 10-15 mins.

My 'purchase' dealership is some 3 hrs away. Anybody know how I can trouble shoot this issue. I have confirmed the tire pressure is the same.

check if your tire instaler put the valve sten from honda with presser sensor in it

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
eric1build said:
you could take the pos. off the battery cable to do a computer reset
let it stay off for 15 or so seconds.
just a thought
Actually, if I remember correctly, you should take the negative off. Don't want any sparks. And on my old truck, it had to be off 15 minutes or else it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey, my light came back on again... I was driving back from the mini-meet @ Red Robin and it came on. It stayed on for about an hour and then off it went then again back on and stayed on until I stoped at a light then on again... :confused: :eek: :confused:

What do I do???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts