Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I will be installing new tires in the next month.

I have a 2007 Ridgeline with the original TPMS sensors, which are still working.

I would like to replace the sensors when I change the tires.

From using the search function, I have found that the sensors for the earlier trucks are different then the later trucks.

Specifically, the earlier trucks learn the new sensors, whereas the newer trucks require a trip to the dealer to have the truck programmed to accept the new sensors.

I have only been able to find one OEM part number: 06421-S3V-A04, which according to the parts list, applies to all years of Ridgeline.

What is the correct part number for a TPMS for 2007 Ridgeline?

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Hello,

I will be installing new tires in the next month.

I have a 2007 Ridgeline with the original TPMS sensors, which are still working.

I would like to replace the sensors when I change the tires.

From using the search function, I have found that the sensors for the earlier trucks are different then the later trucks.

Specifically, the earlier trucks learn the new sensors, whereas the newer trucks require a trip to the dealer to have the truck programmed to accept the new sensors.

I have only been able to find one OEM part number: 06421-S3V-A04, which according to the parts list, applies to all years of Ridgeline.

What is the correct part number for a TPMS for 2007 Ridgeline?

Thanks very much.
That's the one for your '07 alright. But I think you may have some incorrect information:
I may be mistaken, but I believe the TPMS is the same for ALL Ridgelines. If I'm wrong, it won't take long to find out! :)

.... and I'm SURE they ALL will self identify & initialize, so-to-speak, if you are using OEM parts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had read that the 2006-2008 trucks had a different TPMS system, than the later trucks, in that it was able to learn a new TPMS sensor when the sensor was installed, and the truck was driven a short distance. Whereas the later trucks required programming by the dealer.

I can only find the one part number for all applications, so am I to assume that the difference between the earlier and later trucks is not in the TPMS sensor, but in the onboard TPMS control module?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I had read that the 2006-2008 trucks had a different TPMS system, than the later trucks, in that it was able to learn a new TPMS sensor when the sensor was installed, and the truck was driven a short distance. Whereas the later trucks required programming by the dealer.

I can only find the one part number for all applications, so am I to assume that the difference between the earlier and later trucks is not in the TPMS sensor, but in the onboard TPMS control module?
YES the sensors are the same. You have the older truck, so I'm not sure what it matters about the newer trucks, but I'm away from my manuals, so can't look it up for you. Where exactly did you get that impression (that later models don't 'auto-sync')??? If you are just curious to know, you can search the forum here, but as I said, I don't think they are different.
Can someone verify this for our friend here?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The tpms is different because they improved/replaced them. So there was two part numbers but the first one was replaced by the second one. They're now all the same. If you find the old part number for sale it's old and near useless.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
The tpms is different because they improved/replaced them. So there was two part numbers but the first one was replaced by the second one. They're now all the same. If you find the old part number for sale it's old and near useless.
.... thanks for chiming in Slider... and ALL RLs will auto-sync with that TPMS, correct??

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yep they will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts